View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 11:47 PM

The truth about wolves... well according to him it is.

Saw a clip of this guys dved on utube. I'm sorry, when someone comes out with things like "the forces of evil." Or psycho environmentalists, I find it hard to take what their saying seriously.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/hemming1.html

Sounds like scare mungering to me.

Has anyone actually sene the full dvd.
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Saw a clip of this guys dved on utube. I'm sorry, when someone comes out with things like "the forces of evil." Or psycho environmentalists, I find it hard to take what their saying seriously.

I wouldn't bother. He sums it up himself: "Though my film, "UNDUE BURDEN: the real cost of living with wolves," has been widely distributed throughout southwestern "wolf re-introduction" country, only one mass media reporter has taken the time to call me to discuss the validity of the rewilders' claims."

There are lots of groups that like to put out false information. They prey on the fears of people with little knowledge of the subject.

If you want something more educational try this documentary that can be downloaded for free: http://www.returntothewild.com/
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:05 AM
What I'd like to know is, if the governemnt is lying to everyone as he says, then don't you think it is strange that he, is the only person who has been abled to work it out, and find the evidence, honistly, what kind of idiots does he take people for.

Thanks, that looks a lot better.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post

Very obviously a man who is most likely set to lose out financially by the reintroduction of wolves in his particular area, I would guess !

I am always very sceptical when I read statements such as:-

"Here is a picture of a young lady recovering from a 2005 Labor Day weekend wolf attack in Canada. If this were your 14-year-old daughter, how would you feel? In this case, the wolf also repeatedly attacked several other people on a public beach, including a 3 year old girl."

IF this is true - and I would very much doubt it - but IF it happened, then most likely this animal was not a pure, wild wolf but a wolf cross that had gone bush, or been dumped, or escaped, whatever. Wild wolves, understandably, will avoid humans like the plague (apparently even the wolves living on Ellesmere Island, who were studied and observed by David Mech et al for many, many summers, some of whom each year for several years on the trot DM recognised, and presumably them him, never came anywhere near to be even partially accepting of the humans on their island), so I find it completely unbelievable that a wolf would "repeatedly attack" people on a beach ... unless the animal was completely cornered, and had absolutely no other means of escape whatsoever but to fight.

My opinion, without finding out more, is that this guy is either being paid a lot of money to spout this claptrap, or he himself has a financial incentive to preventing wolves from being reintroduced to a certain area or areas.

People like this are so dangerous, because they play on people's fears of "the big bad wolf - The Little Red Riding Hood Syndrome, I call it ! With the spread of Christianity through Europe, somehow the wolf became The Devil Incarnate, and represented all that was evil. We had wolves here in the UK until the early 16th century, when the last wolf left was hounded to death.

Far from being the killers of our babies, and the eaters of human flesh, they will do anything to avoid humans. They are the direct ancestors of our wonderful domesticated dog, all 2,000 + breeds of them, and they deserve better.

Shame on this man, I say.