View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Wow Stephanie I could live in that (If it was a bit bigger)

Around here all the smallholder farmers have hens and I can tell you none of their hen houses look half as good as that Theyare 'free range' 'tho 'cos I have to drive around them when we go to town
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2008, 04:20 PM
that is something I would really love to do, but girlies enjoy their chicken suppers too much...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
£90 thats good. It's a really nice one
I think so, I love it as soon as I saw it, so started bidding....Hee! Hee! you;d think I was goning to live in it.
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Wow Stephanie I could live in that (If it was a bit bigger)

Around here all the smallholder farmers have hens and I can tell you none of their hen houses look half as good as that Theyare 'free range' 'tho 'cos I have to drive around them when we go to town
Well I hope they will be happy in it when it comes, I have bought a plaque to go on it it say's ''love nest''
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
that is something I would really love to do, but girlies enjoy their chicken suppers too much...
Hopefully my lot will just think ''here goes Mom again something else to get used to, pressumely Skye will want to herd them in, like she does the guinea pigs....that's her VERY OWN job She won't let Bruce or Reah near them when she is doing that job
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I would love a duck.. or two.. cos they need company dont they
i want ducks too!!!

what a bargain!!!!!! i love ebay!!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
i want ducks too!!!

what a bargain!!!!!! i love ebay!!!!!
Never done ebay before....a little hooked now though
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Well the brilliant news is.....we had a phone call tonight, we have been accepted by the Battery Hen Welfare Trust and they have said that we can have three chickens and the re-homing date I(as it stands) is the 16th November
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well the brilliant news is.....we had a phone call tonight, we have been accepted by the Battery Hen Welfare Trust and they have said that we can have three chickens and the re-homing date I(as it stands) is the 16th November
Yay, bet you can't wait (bet the chickens couldn't either if they knew what their life is going to be like in a month's time

Looking forward to seeing the photos of them settling in
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Yay, bet you can't wait (bet the chickens couldn't either if they knew what their life is going to be like in a month's time

Looking forward to seeing the photos of them settling in
I will take photo's....please don't expect them to look good though ....well not until we have had them a month, then I am hoping the ''after'' photo's will be good
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Great news and well done. Their new home looks like a palace. It will be lovely to have update on them, had been thinking of getting some a few months ago but was unsure about the cat and if they make a lot of noise.
I would love some geese as well but will need to wait for a bigger garden
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Great news and well done. Their new home looks like a palace. It will be lovely to have update on them, had been thinking of getting some a few months ago but was unsure about the cat and if they make a lot of noise.
I would love some geese as well but will need to wait for a bigger garden
Well the good news is that they are not fearful of cats and after speaking to the welfare trust cats rarely bother with them. Mine wouldn't thats for sure, if they see a mouse or rat in the garden they come in and watch it through the kitchen window, in safety of it
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >