Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Oh he is beautiful.....as is rhianna! He will be a different dog in no time now he has his family to love him
Thanks Griff, we want to give him the best we can and make sure his remaining life is a happy one.

Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
He does look younger than that.
Carole, thanks for looking, we are hoping our vet will be able to say what age he really is.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 12:03 AM
Isn't he a handsome guy? Hopefully he recovers and lives a good life now. I thought that Newfies were always a dusty black in color. His front legs look a little wonky, but though I don't know you well, I can sense he's in good hands now. Good on you for rescuing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 07:38 AM
He is lovely Harvey a real handsome boy

I think once he realises that your home is his home and a few good meals inside him he will put the weight on he needs. We used to board a dog that hated being kennelled never really relaxed and the weight just dropped off him. The owners used to feed him up before bringing him in so that he didn't look so bad when they collected him. They knew we fed him well but if a dog won't relax they burn the calories up and there is nothing you can do except tell people not to put them in the stressful position.

Also Rhianna is a beautiful girl.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Harvey he is gorgeous, I'm so pleased you have found each other
I know you will soon have him back in the peak of health.
Hugs and tickles to Rhianna xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Oh Harvey he is beautiful and I am sure with Rhianna's help he will settle soon and if it is because of stress he has lost weight it will soon come back. If it is worming then you will soon resolve that too. I am sure he will settle well and you will find another good friend for Rhianna for the one she still misses as you all do. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Thank you, all of you above, it's nice to be able to help just one dog in need, how how I wish it could be more.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
We used to board a dog that hated being kennelled never really relaxed and the weight just dropped off him.
Sue, thanks so much for the 'hands on' experience, it counts for a lot and this is what the welfare people were saying as well and I think the lady was a bit embaressed that he was in such a condition.

It's only been a few days but he seems to be calming down and we are really hopeful that I can post again in a few weeks and say he's really relaxed, fingers crossed eh
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2015, 03:15 PM
I am sure I am speaking to an old hand here that knows what to do but for what it is worth I give egg yolk to build muscle as it contains vitamin e and for coat condition I use homeopathic kali arsen 6c Helps coat growth. But I am sure with being with you he will flourish. Bless him and you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I am sure I am speaking to an old hand here that knows what to do but for what it is worth I give egg yolk to build muscle as it contains vitamin e and for coat condition I use homeopathic kali arsen 6c Helps coat growth. But I am sure with being with you he will flourish. Bless him and you.
Brenda - Not sure if I am an 'old hand' actualy (Well I'll admit to being old )

We will inlcude eggs in his diet (Just bought a few more at the local store) and will look out for Kali arsen 6c

He's such a loveable dog he deserves the best that we can give.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Harvey if you go onto Ainsworths site http://www.ainsworths.com/ you'll find it there. No idea if you already do this or not, but I add omega 3 1000 mg tablets, EPO, Vit E, Vit B Complex, garlic, and glucosamine with Vit C for the 2 older girls, to brekkies every day, they get eggs in their shells as well (Used to get a marvellous seaweed supplemen as well, but can't source that anymore, although I understand Keepers mix is a good one) twice a week. May be worth getting him checked over by a vet as if he has been kept short of food, and experienced general poor nutrition, for any length of time it will have impacted dramatically on his skeleton, he is a big boy and could be suffering greatly.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >