View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 01:03 PM
That looks lovely H, I think I would leave the decking with just decking oil the clear one on it....how far out are you extending the decking......?

I love the colour though really nice.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by kiwijan View Post
That looks fantastic - love it!
Oh thanks kiwijan It's a kind of home from home with easy access to the essentials for me and the doglets for the summer months! I got fed up with just looking at my gorgeous garden, and I want to actually use it now, but without getting on me knees doing all that hard work!

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
That looks lovely H, I think I would leave the decking with just decking oil the clear one on it....how far out are you extending the decking......?

I love the colour though really nice.
Thanks Kazz, I'm glad you like that colour too, and as it's grown on me down I think I'll leave it, coz I don't really have the time or the inclination to re-paint that lot, I've still got the inside to tackle yet!

That decking. Well, it's already got 1 metre in front of the doors, so he'll probably go out another metre, maybe 1 1/2m coz he wants to sink that dog pool into it in the middle! Lol, that's gonna be funny watching Zena diving into water isn't it, not to mention poor old Georgie trying to get OUT! You're right about the colour, that's exactly what Dave said last night, to just use a clear, but I'm tempted to use a kind of light oak coloured decking oil maybe, that won't darken it too much, but will also give it a nice shine, coz of course, I'll be going inside with that too.

Inside, now I'm not looking forward to painting all that either! I might look at the wood washes and see what they do. The doors will of course be open all the time when we're in it, so it's got to "go" with everything else around....hmmmmmmm They do a nice Pale Jasmine, or I could stick with that cream that's on the outside? I wouldn't want to leave it woody looking coz it'll look like a bladdy sauna then instead of a beach hut!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 04:04 PM
It's looking great Helen! Love the colours!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
You could always look at putting a simple wood lining inside (like thin chipboard/hardboard) and maybe putting some nice bold wallpaper on the one wall as you enter then paint the other two walls in a complimentary colour. No one says it has to be all paint do they???

No rules say you can't paper a summer house. And there are some lovely bold patterns out there right now including poppies if still going with that theme.

Or if you do use wash/paint then why not have a look in/at Argos/shop you got your crockery from (can't recall name right now) they have/had some nice quite cheap poppy canvas's...when I as last in.

I would still do clear on the decking it does give it some lovely depth though.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks Claire, it won't be long before you'll be sitting in there with me, whilst the doglets are enjoying the pool! I'd better get that whip out on old Dave hadn't I!

Oh yes Kazz, wallpaper, maybe a nice black/white one, I think I've seen a nice one somewhere, maybe in B & Q, that's just what it needs, it'll make it just like home! Definitely sticking with the clear or perhaps that very light oak colour for the decking.

I was out there this afternoon, sat on the decking, chatting to elaineb on the phone, and Georgie went inside, took a look around and came out again, but if I had a dog bed in there, I'm sure he would have laid down in it coz it was lovely and cool in there, and it was also shady on the decking which is what I want in my garden in the afternoon coz the sun blazes down on it, especially up the top end, it's far too hot out there for either me or the dogs in the summer, so this spot where the summerhouse is, will be just perfect, especially when the big sycamore tree comes into leaf right next to it, perfick!

Thanks for those brill ideas Kazz, I knew you'd come up with something!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
OK thanks for sorting out PB, now I can see it I must say it looks fantastic, I take back all I said about those colours, they go together really well and I would never have thought it but they do

I like those wrought iron hinges on the doors too, that's a touch of 'country' living which compliments the colours and the whole building.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing a pic. of you and Claire sitting there in your poshest frocks with a glass of bubbly and the princess Zena and dear old Georgie by your side

That would look good in 'Country Life' don't you think
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 08:18 PM
OOOoooo it's beautiful! I LOVE the coulour scheme.

You inspired me the other week when you began this thread, you know I was talking about my new naff shed? Well I painted it Cuprinol Cream!!! It looks quite fetching! (well, better than it did!)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Glad you liked the idea, occasionaly you need to look outside the Summerhouse for ideas...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
OK thanks for sorting out PB, now I can see it I must say it looks fantastic, I take back all I said about those colours, they go together really well and I would never have thought it but they do

I like those wrought iron hinges on the doors too, that's a touch of 'country' living which compliments the colours and the whole building.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing a pic. of you and Claire sitting there in your poshest frocks with a glass of bubbly and the princess Zena and dear old Georgie by your side

That would look good in 'Country Life' don't you think
Thanks H, glad you approve!! I was in B & Q this morning trying to find a floor stain/varnish, too much choice, and then of course, the one you finally decide on..... they haven't got it!!! I went for the Ronseal Light Oak, and I've just finished the decking at the front and it looks fab in that colour, very fitting, so tomorrow I will do the whole floor inside with that same colour. Of course, I had my little helper, aka Zena, plonking the football down, but thankfully, she had the sense NOT to plonk it where I was painting!!! Oh yes H, me and Claire sitting there in the new rattan chairs which are the identical colour of the sides, sipping our vino, and the dogs splashing us all over with that water!!! As for that Country Life, I'd better mail then now hadn't I!!!

Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
OOOoooo it's beautiful! I LOVE the coulour scheme.

You inspired me the other week when you began this thread, you know I was talking about my new naff shed? Well I painted it Cuprinol Cream!!! It looks quite fetching! (well, better than it did!)
Lol, get you there akitagirl!!! Dave calls this my "shed" coz it's a bit naff really, especially those doors, they're almost made out of orange box wood,unlike the rest of it which is nice, solid wood, but hey ho, a girl can't have it all! I like the sound of your shed, and that's the same colour that I used for my cream, the Cuprinol Shades Country Cream, so I admire your taste there!!! You wait till you see the inside when it's all finished, you'll be chucking out all of hubby's c*ap in your shed and kitting it out in chintz!!!!

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Glad you liked the idea, occasionaly you need to look outside the Summerhouse for ideas...
Oh I saw a fab wallpaper in B & Q, it was black with bright pink dollopy flowers, but of course, there's no way I want that cerise pink in there!!! I like wearing it, but not for decorating the summerhouse with! I bought the Pale Jasmine Shades this morning, and I reckon I'm going to paint at least two walls inside in that, then take it from there with the wallpaper (Dave thinks I've lost the plot putting wallpaper in it though ). The decking looks great in light oak, the perfect colour too, and I'm so glad I took my time in deciding which way to go with that floor! Thanks again Kazz, more pics soon, when I've done all the floor and inside then!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I think half of the fun is deciding what to do. As long as you are enjoying yourself.

If Dave thinks papering is a bit weird get him to build you a folding screen and paper that....
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6