View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh well done you, can really see it starting to take shape now ;o)

Keep keeping us posted and enjoy the sunshine!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i would love it too - I need all the help I can get believe me !! I am sure bruno would love Sal - and Luca - well that would be his idea of heaven - more than one staffie - bliss xxx
And Luca would be Sal's idea of heaven too
Luca could have a staffie pillow for his head and one for his feet....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 05:34 PM
someone has been working hard.....well done it's taking shape xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Dani - I love love love that path! How ingenious to use found wood!

I can see its going to be beautiful - just by looking at what you've already done

and you know - gardens evolve, I'm kinda proud you didn't stick exactly to my plan... I think a real gardener gets inspiration as they go .. and you certainly have

Now all we need is for H to make a few cuttings of her red robin and when they've rooted, send them up to you!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Dani - I love love love that path! How ingenious to use found wood!

I can see its going to be beautiful - just by looking at what you've already done

and you know - gardens evolve, I'm kinda proud you didn't stick exactly to my plan... I think a real gardener gets inspiration as they go .. and you certainly have

Now all we need is for H to make a few cuttings of her red robin and when they've rooted, send them up to you!
thankyou so much Pat, but it took your drawing to make me realise that i could actually do so much more than what I was thinking of.

I am quite proud of my path and it cost me nothing other than time scouring the local woodland ( which Luca loved !!) Bruno quite likes a wee chew on the ends of it though !!!so not sure how long it will last !!!

i am pleased with my progress so far but have a bit to go yet !!!

thanks again !!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Dani you have done so well, it looks a fantastic job.
Mind you I suppose you have got 2 helpers
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I'd be proud of that path too - I am going to watch with interest to see how the little things look that grow up through it. It is so unique, I haven't seen anything like it. I'm glad I helped you shift perspective, now I can sit back as you work and just enjoy the pics
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 09:50 PM
hello all, finally able to post some more pics of the garden.., Its very much still a work in progress as still a lot to do.
But here goes :

the decking, still a wee bit more to add on - about another 2meters, much to hubbys distress !! LOL

a planter we built in for vegetables - loads have now grown in it - have given us lettuce, rocket, herbs, and have courgette and peas growing at moment.

this is the join between the end of the decking and the chip, just some green slate - not sure what to do with it though in terms of joining it up. The middle channel is going to get some little paving stones down ( similar green to the slate)

am going to plant in here - round my bit of found wood- not sure what plants though - suggestions welcome !!

little bit of japanese style garden - still stuff to do to it

the path with woodchip

hope you like, loads more to do, the grass is great - am glad I didnt do much to it, just fed it and it all came back - although its full of weeds so need to sort that !!

have a large flower bed to put in at end of lawn, and a whole lot of weeding to do at back fence line ( still no red robins as money not there to do it) but we will get there !!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 06:54 AM
That's looking fab Dani

I'd be inclined to get a clematis to grow up your bit of found wood - one that you have to cut back each year - that way it won't get overwhelmed, like it would do with jasmine or honeysuckle.
And as that bit has wood in it, how about woodland plants too - ferns, primulas and so on..
Grass is looking splendid - I find Weed and Feed excellent for getting rid of the weeds and improving the grass
Overall though, its fabulous and I'm delighted for you
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 09:56 AM
It's looking good hun, you've worked really hard on that. I agree about the clematis............well done xxx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >