Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 01:49 PM

Marius. 12mth Rottweiler Male

Haven't posted the breed standard as there has been a few Rotts critiqued so far, hope that is okay?

Hope you all aren't bored as it is another Rott to critique!

Tried to get different angles.:smt002 His front feet need to be slightly under him more in this first pic I think, but I had to set him up and take the pic on my own, it's hard!!!

He is thirteen months on the 18th Feb this year.

nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I've been waiting for days to see the lovely boy he's lookin good, I'll leave it at that you already know what I think of him.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry I can't critique but he is a gorgeous big boy with a lovely expression. Give him (((hug))) from me.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi AM, ok, top line a tad soft, but he is only a baby, very masculine, slightly narrow in front, again will prob come with age, lovely markings, tad light in pigment from what I can see, eyes nice and dark, good bone, would like a tiny bit more angulation in the rear but again it could be the photo, think this young lad will go on to do very well in the show ring, look forward to watching him mature, xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I've added another topline shot and an indoor one too (not in show pose but shows his pigment better). It is very overcast today and not too clear.

Love to hear critiques from others, more the merrier:smt002
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 03:21 PM
thanks AM, have to say in the second photo with his topline he looks very good, just goes to show how a photo can be deceiving, kaos can look like he lacks angulation from some angles, but he defo aint lacking, so I know what its like, xx hes a stunner, x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Ta Shona, at least I am learning which looks best and stuff!! Now that I see the two pics together I can see the big difference lol

Am findig this helpful, this is what I need, someone to tell me what looks best etc!!

Thanks for your time:smt023
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I agree with Shona, in pic #2 his top-line looks better, it's because his head's higher and he's more alert looking, very important in a show stance IMO, you have to have the dogs undivided attention, try to get someone to take the pic while you're in front of him, that way he'll be looking at you and not elsewhere.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 10:40 PM
My boy!

I think Anne-Marie that Marius is quite a slow maturer, Maddy was the same, some mature too fast as pups but when they grow up they end up all out of proportion, so it's a good thing really.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 10:57 PM
He's a nice young Dog. Id prefer a flatter skull and less throatyness (is that a word???) I agree he can look a little straight in stifle but doubt he actually is. Plenty of bone and substance, definately a male! A promising young lad!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >