Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:38 AM

Dilemma what should I do for the best

Milo my 2yr old JRT, was sick last night a couple of times just before bed, this morning his poo is covered in mucous and on a little trip round the block this morning (just so he felt he had been out) he done two poos one within a minute of the other but I couldn't see if they were loose or mucous covered as it was dark and he went in undergrowth, but he did scrape his bottom on the ground each time as he finished.
Now really I should perhaps starve him till tonight to see how he goes and give his stomach a chance to settle but he has to be fed every day 4-5 times as he gets an acidy tummy that makes him sick.
So what should I do just give him a small amount to keep the acid at bay or starve him completely and have him being sick through the acid as well?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:01 AM
I'd give him small meals so he has some in his stomach but not his usual amount and see how he goes. Hope he feels better soon.
Becky
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks, I thought that would be the best but just wanted someone elses opinion too.
I have just given him a small amount with a little probiotic too.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Hope all is well with him soon. Big hugs and doggy kisses to him from Loki and cuddles from me.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks, I don't think it can be anything serious as he kept his little bit of breakfast down and has been beating Shady up, he's having a sleep now and I will give him just a very short lead walk later, in his new little mac as its raining. Don't think he will be too impressed with it as he doesn't like clothes, but am sure he will be less impressed if i take shady out and then come home and don't bother with him and I don't want him soaked through and catching a chill if he is slightly under the weather.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:06 AM
On occasions that mine have passed something with mucus it has often been the start of colitis, they tend to have a rumbly tummy with it too, although very often, once they've passed it, that is it and nothing else happens. I think it is a sign of wind in the tummy.

If he seems ok in himself then better to let the body fight whatever it is, I would just pop him to the vet if he seems poorly.

Hope this helps xxx
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:09 AM
If Milo has eaten something then hopefully his tum is ok. My JR won't eat or drink if she's off-colour What do you feed him ? I had a spell 2 weeks ago with Minnie where she had jelly-poo for a day and wouldn't eat- a couple of days later she was ok. Hugs for you and Milo-Minnie sends JR kisses

Cath
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
If Milo has eaten something then hopefully his tum is ok. My JR won't eat or drink if she's off-colour What do you feed him ? I had a spell 2 weeks ago with Minnie where she had jelly-poo for a day and wouldn't eat- a couple of days later she was ok. Hugs for you and Milo-Minnie sends JR kisses

Cath
He is fed Nature Diet sensitive Gold, its about the only food he doesn't have an allergic reaction too.
I think the problem may have come about because yesterday I gave him a little Nature Diet original for a change .
He seems ok in himself now and has been beating up my Rottie x GSD Shady as normal . Just need to see what his next poo is like to be completely happy