Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:56 PM

Animal abusers

I was on another site earlier and came across a page dedicated to naming and shaming those who are convicted of abusing animals. They are all kinds of people (including a doctor) from all walks of life who abuse all kinds of animals including dogs.

What shocked me was the number of people from Birmingham who have done some horrendous things to innocent animals but what I was't expecting was to see the picture of someone I know personally.

It was someone who I knew through someone else when I was living with my ex-husband before we were married. To people, he's nice as pie and I never would have thought he'd hurt anyone or anything. I just wish I'd known that something wasn't right. Maybe I could have said or done something to stop him from doing anything to hurt animals. Just goes to show how wrong we can be about people!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I was on another site earlier and came across a page dedicated to naming and shaming those who are convicted of abusing animals. They are all kinds of people (including a doctor) from all walks of life who abuse all kinds of animals including dogs.

What shocked me was the number of people from Birmingham who have done some horrendous things to innocent animals but what I was't expecting was to see the picture of someone I know personally.

It was someone who I knew through someone else when I was living with my ex-husband before we were married. To people, he's nice as pie and I never would have thought he'd hurt anyone or anything. I just wish I'd known that something wasn't right. Maybe I could have said or done something to stop him from doing anything to hurt animals. Just goes to show how wrong we can be about people!
Unfortunately, there are some sick individuals in this world. I think I’d be pretty shocked if I saw someone I knew on that website too. I bet you feel like saying something to this person! I know I would!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:24 AM
how do you know that this site is truthful, as in have these named people been convicted or is it just hear say?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post

There is alot of it in Birmingham...disgusted to live here sometimes I worked with a veterinary nurse who was the nicest person you could wish to meet, she often talked about her small-holding that her and her boyfriend had...sounded a dream place....imagin the horror when they were found guilty of numerous counts of cruelty to animals someone near them had video'd her and her boyfriend cutting the wings of chickens and ducks till they bled, then kicking them around the yard, not to mention the hooves on the poor horses and the way they had hacked off tails and manes etc., ...shows you never know people truely
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't think it's hearsay. Everyone on there is supposed to have been convicted of animal cruelty. Each picture or person has details of a conviction with it.

I think tbh they'd have run into a load of trouble by now if they were naming and shaming those who had only been accused and not already found guilty of such crimes.

Yes I would like to say something. But he knows who I am and Idoubt it would take much effort for him to find where I live. I have Oscar to think of first and foremost but also, what would he do to my dogs if he could get to them, should I cause problems for him.

When I move away (should have happened by now but hasn't) I'll also be dropping the last part/married part of my surname. Then I can say and do as I please to him. He'd never find me after that. But for the time being I'll just have to bite my tongue.

I knew this sort of thing happens but I didn't realise how much of it was in Birmingham. When I was with the poice I did a lot of work on the dog fighting rings in an unpleasant district of the city. But heering that so many people will hurt animals makes me embarrassed to be human and living here tbh.