Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by metalmorphosis
Haha, once you have one, you'll never go back!

too true!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by metalmorphosis
Haha, once you have one, you'll never go back!
Very true!

My friend (a body piercer) told me the reason most piercers use 18+ for most piercings is so if someone gets say, a genital piercing, they can't be 'done' for 'child abuse' or anything similar.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 05:39 PM
i thought uhad to be 16 to get ur ears pierced? when i got mine done i got my ID checked. They said that if i was under 16 i had to have a parent with me.
SheWolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I think that it's important no matter what age you are that you pierce yourself cause YOU want it and not cause everyone else got it. Kids are very impulsive, they want everyting right now och not when they are 16. That's why you have to make your mind about what she's alowed to do.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
i thought uhad to be 16 to get ur ears pierced? when i got mine done i got my ID checked. They said that if i was under 16 i had to have a parent with me.
Most places have a minimum age for different piercings.
I think 16 is a decent enugh age for most piercings.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 07:25 PM
My 15 year old son has asked for a piercing on his next birthday..we said it OK.
I have no problem with piercings...at the end of the day they can be removed
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 08:02 PM
i think for any of the more personal peircings an age setting of 18 would be a good idea. i have a 6yr old daughter who would love to have her ears peirced but she has a twin brither and 2 not much older brothers so i hvent allowed her as they do a lot of rough and tumbling and she is a very active girl and i worry she would catch one and rip her ear. i agree that anyone under 16 should have parents permission as if lucy came home at 12 with a bely button peirced i would be pretty angry
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Bronwyn got her ears peirced last year(at 3) she tried to do it herself with one of my hoops, she hasnt had any problems with them but she hasnt taken them out at all I didnt use the stuff they gave me to clean them I washed them everyday and sprayed them with Aloe Vera Vet formula, I would never have my belly button peirced again as it hurt like hell and took ages to heal unlike others.
Mary
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Of the 3 I have, my navel took over a year to heal properly.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 10:39 PM
do ears ever really heal? i had mine done when i was 7 but they got infected and took the earrings out. Even tho the inside bit closed up, u could still see the hole in both ears. I had em done again when i was 16.

I dont think piercings are a problem, but i do think that kids shud have permission first.

its not like they r tattoos
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »