View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I would seek legal advice personally, that is absolutely appalling behaviour. Also write a letter of complaint to your personnel department at head office, or ring them in tears that works too, HO should then work faster that your store.
Becky
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
My Mum works in our local Tesco and they also try under handed ways to upset people who are off for genuine reasons!!!

PLease don't let them win as others have said they cannot sack you for being off with stress which was caused by an incident at work - speak to your union for advice (even if you are not a member they should be able to point you in the right direction).

I would definately go to HO about this as this usually gives them a kick up the rear end (especially if you have anybody like some of the jumped up little whatnots that work in ours & think they're him upstairs).

I know its hard but don't worry about them, they are not worth making yourself even more poorly over.

Lots of hugs xxxxxxx
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
It's sh***y b*****ds like this that convince me everybody should be a member of a union. If you already are a member then they will undoubtably provide you with legal support in a case like this. They have no obligation to take on a case which started before you signed up, but they may be willing to support you, so get in touch with them. Do get legal advice from somewhere though. I would put your employers on the spot a bit too - tell them to put their grievance in writing, make your gp aware of the situation - they may be able to advise you on the legalities of the situation too, and insist on having a witness with you at any further meetings (ideally a union rep or a solicitor, but a colleague or even a friend would do at a push.)

Having been incapacitated with stress for 6 months of last year, even with all the support of my union, GP and employer, it makes my blood boil to think of you being treated this way over what is actually a workplace injury. I know it must be very hard for you, but at the very least you should be gathering evidence of this treatment - keep a diary, keep copies of all correspondence. You may not feel in a position to prosecute these f****rs at the moment, but when you're really well it may seem more viable.

If you haven't been seeing your doctor about this then do, and keep seeing them until you get the treatment you need.

Hope you get it worked out
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2