Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Did your friend actually want the steam cleaner back after that
The steamer is alright,but when your cleaning doggie diarrohea from carpets-the smell instantly goes airbourn and burns the ole nostrils! :smt078
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Okay too much info there Steve m8

I had a Karcher steam cleaner. I only ever used mine for cleaning the kitchen. Did absolutely nothing for the carpets in the hallway and livingroom
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm looking to buy one to but for cleaning carpets, and by the sounds of it, most of you have found them useless for the job.

B & Q were doing a special offer on a Vax steam cleaner the other week, but unfortunately when I went to buy it they had run out, but I don't think you could go wrong with a Vax. I really think you've got to spend over £100 at the very least to tackle floors and carpets though and somebody I know bought a good one from Curry's so I will have to ask her Ingrid and get back to you. Good luck hope you find a good one and if you do can you please tell me which one you got - thanks.
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 12:52 PM
We have a polti steam cleaner and i dont know what my mum does with it but it gets the carpets looking brand new and all the stains vanished. Its brilliant! we clean windows, curtains, carpets, floors, doors, ovens everything!

It has got numerous pet accidents out of our carpets (cat sick, puppy accidents, to name a couple)

I would recomend the polti any day but it has a hefty price tag of about £500!

(EDIT this is the link too it http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Ga...9/Product.aspx)
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Geesh - you're not kidding are you! Well you are fortunate to have one for sure.

Thanks for the recommendation
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I'm looking to buy one to but for cleaning carpets, and by the sounds of it, most of you have found them useless for the job.

B & Q were doing a special offer on a Vax steam cleaner the other week, but unfortunately when I went to buy it they had run out, but I don't think you could go wrong with a Vax. I really think you've got to spend over £100 at the very least to tackle floors and carpets though and somebody I know bought a good one from Curry's so I will have to ask her Ingrid and get back to you. Good luck hope you find a good one and if you do can you please tell me which one you got - thanks.
Thanks for this Helen, will definitely come back to you when we've purchased one. Thanks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987
We have a polti steam cleaner and i dont know what my mum does with it but it gets the carpets looking brand new and all the stains vanished. Its brilliant! we clean windows, curtains, carpets, floors, doors, ovens everything!

It has got numerous pet accidents out of our carpets (cat sick, puppy accidents, to name a couple)

I would recomend the polti any day but it has a hefty price tag of about £500!

(EDIT this is the link too it http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Ga...9/Product.aspx)
Thanks for that link, I might go for the cheaper £349 one. I think you get what you pay for and it's no good spending £100 or so on something that doesn't do the job, and after all, it should give you years of service, so I think I'm going for one of these Polti's.

Will let you know on that Ingrid!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks Helen unfortunately do not have £349 to spare right now - we've got a hefty garden landscaping bill about to hit us

Anyone tried the Electrolux steam cleaners? Tried looking for reviews on the Z370A but no joy - they're giving good reviews on the hand held model though.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi Ingrid, the hand held models of these steam cleaners are not going to be any good for what you want, i.e. floors etc. Can you imagine down on your hands and knees doing a couple of inches a time! Lol! Dave said they are useless the hand held ones too!

Going on an Electrolux hoover I had at one point (that was total rubbish!) I wouldn't have thought their steam cleaners are any better. I see Argos do some for around £80 that are not hand held, maybe go for one of those? Look in the Argos catalogue as theyhave quite a few in there I think. I'm still searching/deciding too!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi Helen

I'm going to give the electrolux a go - if it breaks down then I'll get a different one - the £80 model that you can get I managed to find it for £29.99 off ebay so if I lose £30.00 I'm not exactly breaking the bank

Thanks, let me know what you get

You can get Karcher on ebay for really good money too.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >