View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:38 AM
The important thing is that he eats. We have a battle over what the girls will eat in their lunch boxes. The older one is ok on the whole but the younger one isgetting fussy. All she wants is peanut butter and strawberry jam. I would rather she ate that than nothing. I just make sure that it's brown bread and jams with as much fruit and as little sugar as possible!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by NatalieS
The important thing is that he eats. We have a battle over what the girls will eat in their lunch boxes. The older one is ok on the whole but the younger one isgetting fussy. All she wants is peanut butter and strawberry jam. I would rather she ate that than nothing. I just make sure that it's brown bread and jams with as much fruit and as little sugar as possible!

Well the peanut butter is very good for her. My 13 year old daughter had a phase of peanut butter sandwiches every day. I bet they thought I was the poorest mum on earth sending two teenagers to school with Jam and Peanut butter sandwiches every day
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by Natasha
I must be foxy! it was a p instead of the t so flapjacks i have not even been clubbing tonight

Was that not you in the dogweb club earlier on with Het, Bluemerle, Stewart, and Hayley
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Didn't have school chefs in NZ....

Everyone brought home packed lunches

So it was the standard marmite sandwiches everyday...day after day after day - honestly surprised I didn't turn into marmite
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Junior and infant food was yuk!!! apart from the puds, awwwww chocolate concrete and pink custard drool, it used to be that hard you would stick your spoon in it and half of it would fly across the dining hall, thoses where the days, Senior school was great used to run in for a quick burger or something and then round the back of the science block for a fag.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Ask me, and Archer, about Gypsy Tart .... Bliss

ETA - We went to the same school - small world.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 08:46 AM
actually i remember my school dinner as being rather yummy .. my mum couldnt cook and we always had pants food at home . i really looked forward to my school dinner even the tapioca and prunes ! and semolina and jam .. yummy
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 08:49 AM
primary school dinners were rotten but at secondary it was more a canteen style with chips and burgers and my favourite caramel cake :smt049
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 09:04 AM
I remember that our school lunches were very nice, everyone seemed to queue for second helpings anyway!

I have to say that todays pitiful servings at Charlottes school leave alot to be desired. Apparently due to health and safety they are not aloud naked flames so everything is fried!! the veg selection is peas and carrots! and as Charlotte is a meat and veg kid she just complains about the lack of choice in 'proper food' as she calls it!

Charlotte only has school lunches in the deepest of winter if the weather is really cold, otherwise she takes a packed lunch - pasta salads, sarnies, fresh fruit salads etc.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2005, 10:07 AM
School dinners i remember we used to get a bottle of milk and to have a school dinner didnīt spend that much time in the school, much more important things to do ? had to feed Helen go swimming ?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >