Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
I think I might add a dash of red wine to the recipe...any excuse really
That's my girl.
Hic. Don't forget the candles, jazz and glasses of red too.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Alright got the jazz - ella fitzgerald and louis armstrong 'summertime and the living is easy' to be exact , got the vino, got the stroganoff

Now this is probably going to be quite useless because I changed the recipe

It's mainly the same except have swapped a few ingredients (as I try not to cook with processed foods as best as I can, and didn't have everything needed).

Used a red onion

Sliced the lamb finely but it wasn't minced, then rolled it in flour

Fried lamb and onions together in olive oil (in a wok LOL ) I also seasoned the meat when it was cooking with maldon salt and coarse black pepper. Once browned I added the following

Used fresh mushrooms sliced opposed to canned

Added a dab of red wine, then 2 teaspoons of honey to compliment the wine

Used 2 organic chicken stock cubes mixed with a cup of boiling water (cubes by Kallo, can get them in the organic section of tescos), and also added a a bit of thickening to the cubes to make it soup like.

Then brought it all to the boil, simmered for 5 mins as mentioned in the original recipe

Because I didn't have sour cream I added half a pot of cream, mixed thoroughly, took off the heat and covered with tin foil to steam through a bit.

Didn't have spinach noodles or carrots

So I whipped up some steamed rice with sweet peas to give it the sweetness the dish needed and voila - one interesting version of stroganoff.

Am really enjoying it and so is OH....

Complaints: sauce could be thicker, and maybe try using sour cream to cream as the cream is slightly rich.

Otherwise great flavours and super tender lamb.

Sorry not the best help in testing a recipe huh

xi
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Fantastic music but what are you doing posting mid-meal? That's dedication!
Sounds yum btw.
xxx
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2005, 09:36 PM
LOL LS, well truth be told because we both work from home we eat at our desks sometimes I feel like I married a computer LOL Actually I hate it, and OH and I decided on the weekend that we had to make an effort to get away from our work lives by ensuring we eat in our dining room, and actually go for a walk every morning, and that includes stopping for a lunch break.....so we have done this once this week LOL

But because of the nature of both of our businesses we get very little time to be away from our computers - however I think Fern is going to change this and I think its the best thing for us - it'll force us to take a break from working, standard day for us is 9.30am through to 1 to 2am in the morning but regardless wouldn't change it for the world, I never want to work for someone else again!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2005, 09:50 PM
What do you do MC? I can understand you not wanting to work for someone else.

Sounds like Fern is just the thing for you two.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2005, 10:00 PM
He's a beauty - so looking forward to having him in our lives.

Work wise I own an ecommerce business selling scandinavian and australasian home and garden accessories.

OH runs his own advertising agency (just recently set up) and I am also hired by him to do project management work.

Combine the two roles together and it's quite spectacularly busy but wouldn't change it for the world - there's no politics in our working environment which is a welcomed change from working with other companies for sure.

Totally love it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Aw, how old will he be when you bring him home?

Your business sounds great. I hope it does really well.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 12:14 PM
7 weeks

Looking forward to it

Thanks LS, with a bit of hard work and creation of opportunities we hope to be okay
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww same age Loki was. OMG he's gonna be so cute and take up so much time. Forget your jazz and business for a while I can't wait to see pics. Are you training him?

Seriously - good for you. I wish I could think of a home business - apart from writing I haven't come up with a thing.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I think you are right - I can just imagine trying to talk people through textures on cushions and throws with Fern howling in the background

Yes we will be training him - we're thrashing out methods at the moment, OH has had GSD's in the past so we're just trying to find the balance so we are singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak.

You could publish some of your stories on the web - like a chapter every week, generate some interest - who knows it could take off as the latest and greatest way to get known by getting your stories out there
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2