Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 07:18 AM

Soggy Sunday 23rd October

Good morning everyone

Pleased the neighbours are nice and hope the house blessing cleans the house of bad vibes Kelly

Up early as off to Ikea in Croydon with Ben and the girls but first I have to pick Maria up from the gymnastics venue as they had a Halloween sleep over . They can't do it next week as they have a competition. Also have walked Teazle between the heavy showers.

Hope all are well. Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Yep soggy Sunday it is Sue. My friend is at an open breed show with her friend and mine holding a dog stall selling dog stuff. It is at Ardingly so hopefully under cover. Brings back memories of obedience shows and breed showing. I had good results there to so a bonus memory. I have never been to an Ikea. Are they cheaper than other places. Although I suppose it depends on what you are looking for. The same as a flat neighbour works at TKMax. Never been there either. Ah well I think I will do the cleaning today as it looks like rain all day. Thunder and lightning. Love it. Pleased to hear your new neighbours are nice Kelly. You deserve some peace. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 04:44 PM
Evening all

Peed it down all morning, but quite sunny from mid afternoon.

Watched a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones this afternoon - well, I say watched, I slept through most of the second one I'm not much of a TV watcher
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 05:22 PM
Afternoon all

I have simply wasted the day away no idea where it went ju7st crept away from me. Nothing major done but lots of little things accomplished keep finding myself pulled toward KC pages and dog breeds. Hmm have to talk myself out of that. Stern words required.

Glad everything is going swimmingly with everyone. In work at 6am in the morning so an earlyish night required, I think.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Evening everyone so far.
Well what a few days Gorden did well in the rain Thursday towing for the first time solo.
Didn't manage to get on the internet as it was really hard to get a signal.
We did well remembering everything Bev and Colin told us about unhitching and sorting the van ready to occupy.
It was lovely we had some dreadful rain during the nights and today when we had to leave we were soaked before we set off and the roads were awful so Gorden did amazingly well getting us home safely.

We had our booster Thursday morning and learned later Lauren had tested positive for covid.
We saw her Wednesday evening before we left sitting Freya so we tested and were clear.
She was quite unwell Friday, Today Mark wasn't feeling well and also has it and Freya is very under the weather. On call Docor says she most likely has it too.
We got the caravan home then left to get some shopping and medication for them then drove back to theirs not far from where we stayed to drop the bits off to them.
They are not feeling too ill but ill enough and trying to cope with an under the weather baby too.
We feel so useless as we cannot go in or take Freya to give them a break.
So shopping and dropping it off is the best we can do.
Freya put her arms out for a cuddle we were keeping a safe distance in their hall and me on the doorstep made my heartache I couldn't give her a cuddle.
No baby sitting for us till next week. Lauren's work are already hassling her to go back but she has said I cannot get childcare while Freya is ill and likely has covid.

We are off to Yorkshire Thursday to stay at our friends and look after the 3 Bernese for them while they take a short break they had to put off 2 years ago.

Glad everyone seems well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Aww Lynn my heart went out to you with Freya putting her arms out, but you have to be brave. Sounds like all went well and a trial by rain not fire, it seems with the caravan, but you came through with flying colours.

Going to be calling you Jetsetters from now on. There is a programme on 8PM tonight channel 5 Happy campers could be worth a watch?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 06:33 PM
Just spoken to a friend of mine apparently Massive electrical storm in Burston Norfolk
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Well like you Kazz have done not a lot, mostly watching The Dumping Ground. Did manage a walk without getting wet. Sorry to hear family is poorly Lynn. Hope they get better soon. I shall watch the Larkin's, mind you I don't think it is as good as original. Have a good evening.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2022, 06:46 PM
Ha ha Kazz jetsetters. I like that.
Will take a look at the channel 5 recommendation.
It broke my heart, I was worried enough about Lauren then Mark and was not surprised about Freya but so worrying and I know Lauren will be blaming herself.
She is in good hands with them though and if they need us they only have to shout. We will do whatever we can even from a distance.
Our friends who we are visiting for 4 days asked if we still wanted to go, to be honest we promised them months ago we would look after the dogs and it would be sad if they had to cancel.
We can't go in to Mark and Lauren's home at the moment but we will make sure they need nothing before we leave, Pam offered to have a Sainsbury home delivery sent to them as she knows I am worried about them.

I think the weather today brenda has been a not doing much kind of day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Aw Lynn, that is so heartbreaking. I hope you are soon back to cuddles and nanny kisses.

Cracking storm tonight that was lighting up the sky and roaring away. Didn't last too long thankfully
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >