Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dieseldaft
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2010, 04:55 PM

Found a dog today!

Was taking Diesel out this afternoon when I came across a dog in my garden. It was a massive black alasation and had no collar on or ID of any kind. I'm sure I've seen this dog before wandering around really late at night.

I asked a few neighbours and no one knew who it belonged to. It seemed friendly and was starving when I gave it some food and water. I phoned my sis who works at vets and she said to bring it in and they would check for a microchip etc. The dog let me leash it and got into the car with no real problems. Unfortunately it had no microchip so I was advised to take it across the road to the police station.

Kind of felt bad leaving it there but didnt want it wandering the streets in this freezing weather. Its coat looked really quite matted too so it obviously isnt very well cared for. They said they will keep it for a week and if not claimed it will go to local dog home to be rehomed. I just hope it finds a nice new home with someone who will actually care about it, look after it. Why do people get pets to let them wander the streets, dont put and collar or ID on them? I hope it turns out that the dog has simply excaped his garden etc but dont think so cause have seen it wondering before Just hoping I did the right thing....
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 06:01 PM
You did the right thing.
You took it in gave it some food and water and made sure it will be looked after. There is nothing else you can do.
I hope it gets a forever home if not claimed.
We cant take all the dogs in we feel for but we can do our best for the ones we find.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:54 PM
have you checked dogs lost for just to ensure its not missing ?