Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Mojo is the luckiest dog alive

I decided to alter the chicken run, mainly because we have a family of rats visiting.
we dug up the lot and layed steel wire down and redone the soil on top.
It got darkish and a neighbour from the back (don't know them) was talking about how they come down from the railtracks, as I took away the double fencing leaving next doors old fence up the neighbour saw rats some running and promply went in.
On his return he poured boiling water between the fence and a brick wall which the builders built when they built those houses.........
I have never heard such screams.
Mojo had got out......not blaming anyone it could of been my fault when I went to get the claw hammer from the kitchen draw............ and dug under the fence, she was stuck between the fence and brick wall and boiling water poured down.

She had to be dug out we've torn the fence apart, I nearly killed myself...... I poured cold water on her and wrapped her in cling film.......we rushed her to the vets in major panick, I was physically sick outside the vets, I cried, I beat myself up.......

and she has nothing wrong with her

somehow her ruff coat must of saved her from burns

she;s here now beating seven sorts out of Tess.

If she were a cat she has had one of her lives.

The vets thought that although the water definately hit her, she was one of the luckiest JRT's alive......

Im in shock
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:58 PM
B****y hell Steph
And your neighbour?? is he still alive?
What a cruel wicked and stupid thing to do
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh what a shock but what a lucky dog x x

Sending both you and Mojo (who doesn't seem to need them!) HUGS!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:59 PM
OMG, glad she's ok! She sounds more OK than you do anyway!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
B****y hell Steph
And your neighbour?? is he still alive?
What a cruel wicked and stupid thing to do
I couldn't blame him, no-one knew she had got out, she must of dug under the one fence and I stupidly came along and filled in what I thought was a rat hole I feel so responsible to be honest, she is so small, I should of shut her in the living room, it was my stupidity for not thinking.
The neighbour feels so awful
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Oh what a shock but what a lucky dog x x

Sending both you and Mojo (who doesn't seem to need them!) HUGS!
Thank you she will go back tomorrow to be rechecked, but the skin is pink, funnily enough her coat is alot thicker than it looks
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
OMG, glad she's ok! She sounds more OK than you do anyway!
She's asleep on my lap now, Patrick has been wonderful, giving me some TLC....but it has really upset me, Im just so so so thankful that she isn't scarred for life
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Jesus Steph! Glad Mojo is okay!

Why the hell was your neighbour pouring boiling water down the wall? To try and get rid of the rats?? Idiot!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Oh Steph what a horrible experience for all you , so glad Mojo is all ok , you could never have predicted this one , take care hugs from me Tom and Bella x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Jesus Steph! Glad Mojo is okay!

Why the hell was your neighbour pouring boiling water down the wall? To try and get rid of the rats?? Idiot!
I never thought about that question hun, sorry I was too shaken to ask, I thought he had blinded her or something because when I climbed up all I could see was Mojo is a very dark hole and stuck
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Oh Steph what a horrible experience for all you , so glad Mojo is all ok , you could never have predicted this one , take care hugs from me Tom and Bella x
She seems a little tender by her tail, but she goes back tomorrow so I will get them to check that....thanks hun
Just been beating myself up for having a tiny dog
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I never thought about that question hun, sorry I was too shaken to ask, I thought he had blinded her or something because when I climbed up all I could see was Mojo is a very dark hole and stuck
Yes, that's understandable, of course. Sounds to me like he was but then who knows! Folk have some odd ideas at times!

He didn't know Mojo was there, did he?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:18 PM
OMG, so awful, glad she is doing okay, I guess because you've got the collies, you forget how small a young JRT is, as you get used to seeing bigger dogs whip by you, small ones you don't. Don't beat yourself up, it was an accident, I expect the neighbour feels awful too, not the best way to get rid of rats.

Hugs, gentle squeezes to the luckiest little dog, she obviously Teflon coated , bless her x x x x
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »