Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:05 PM

Working from home with Doggies

I just love being able to work from home and be with my doggies, as I type I have a lurcher on my lap on one side and a grey resting her head on my lap on the other , it makes typing slightly problematic but manageable !

They just snooze and let me get on with it , clever doggies !

Working from home with doggies for company is so much better than being on your own , and they adapt so quickly to the work mode and recognise the difference at weekends.

How do others manage with WFH ?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:24 PM
My OH had just done a few days WFH, which is not an usual occurance...

You'd think the boys would be happy that he was at home all day; however, they both completely ignored him, and snoozed on the sofas all day!!

In fact, when OH made a couple of phone calls, he disturbed Max so much that he took himself off upstairs onto our bed in a huff!!!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
My OH had just done a few days WFH, which is not an usual occurance...

You'd think the boys would be happy that he was at home all day; however, they both completely ignored him, and snoozed on the sofas all day!!

In fact, when OH made a couple of phone calls, he disturbed Max so much that he took himself off upstairs onto our bed in a huff!!!
Tom does that too , I think he gets fed up with the conf calls and webexs when he is trying to snooze so disappears upstairs to our bed too !
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Both my husband and I work as Childminders from home, it is the only way we think we could have coped with a puppy, being around to intermittently train him throughout the day and to toilet him etc.

It was a juggling act making sure he was okay around the little ones to start with but we have had him coming up four months and he is very good with the children and usually pays no attention to them.

We wouldnt have our dog if we didnt work from home.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I work from home and it's brilliant...Henry has his walk first thing and his breakfast, then he sleeps upside down on the sofa, or lays on the carpet at my feet whilst I get on with my work..until lunchtime, then he has another walk and his dinner, then back to the sofa...yep, he's got his routine pretty much sorted around my work
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I started to work from home doing dressmaking & alterations when I was made redundant - after a few months I decided I needed to get out more as I was stuck indoors all day & starting to climb the walls so got a dog (aka Tilly I'd always wanted a dog but working long hours didn't permit! So it was the perfect opportunity!
Then I started to make doggie things & hardly do any dressmaking now
Though I did get my old job back part time last year, so do both.
Had I have never got made redundant initially I would never have gotten my gorgeus girl & got back into my long term hobby