Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Had an email from council

about my rant that dogs are off lead and crapping all over the park when they have to be on leads at all times. they have now employed a dog warden who has been given the powers to dfine these people and will make it know in the next village news letter. They will give this a fair amount of time and if the fines dont work they have decided to make it a dog free zone.
cant be fairer than that, walked up ther today with my 4 and yet again just by the skateboard ramp was a fresh steaming pile of dog poo (saw a lady with dog off lead see me and ran out of the rec) but its right under the cameras so hopefully they may have her.
I have to say that 99 per cent of people who dont follow the rules up there are the older generation!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Well glad the council listened to you - I thought they were doing away with dog wardens?
Do they have sufficient bins up there - I know there are hardly any around here and my parents and where we are soon to be moving too. I think more bins would solve some of the problem.

Glad they listened to you
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Its very sad - if people do not clean up more and more places will become no dogs allowed
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Hope it works and they will get caught...some people ruin it for everyone!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I wouldn`t use a park if it was on-lead only. Isn`t there anywhere else to let dogs off?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:58 PM
yes they have 2 bins up there emptied reg and are placed at both enterances we have quote a few dog bins in this village and you dont see alot of dog poo on the pavements which is goodd they save it up for the park!!!! so no bins arnt a problem here at all
and as for the dog warden yes they have done away with them this is a private one the parish council has employed, prob cos they are fed up with me emailing them all the time, itll be a shame cos when the kids are practising the footie on a saturday people take their dogs up there walk them off lead behind the rec where they are allowed to then come back and sit with their dogs to watch the football but its the ,was gonna say few but its alot of people who spoli it for everyone else
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I wouldn`t use a park if it was on-lead only. Isn`t there anywhere else to let dogs off?
yes 2mins down theroad is the new forest and 7 mins in a car is the dog friendly beach but if no car theres a massive field behind the park for them to run free which is very safe and also has a wooded area and a stream for them to play in, also a 3 minute walk to other side of village is a massive area that has a wooded area plus a flat area and if you walk down takes you onto the new forest. these areas where donated to the village, the one by the park by a farmer as land no good for him so allows dog walkers free range the other by a landowner who owns most of the land here for people ,kids and dogwalkers to enjoy so having a place just for kids to be free from dog attacks and dog poo isnt really a hardship for any dog walker really
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
yes 2mins down theroad is the new forest and 7 mins in a car is the dog friendly beach
Sounds like you live near where I used to live.... are you near Lepe?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Why are these owners so inconsiderate and selfish? They spoil it for everyone else who is responsible in clearing up after their dogs.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Why are these owners so inconsiderate and selfish? They spoil it for everyone else who is responsible in clearing up after their dogs.
Don't get me started on this one - seriously. I've had the dog two weeks and I've had gobfulls of earache from people blaming MY dog for every single bit of dog poo in the entire Nottingham postcode. I took to carrying the full poo bags home to offer any questionners an inspection opportunity... then slipped over in the snow the other morning and landed flat onto a full poo bag I was carrying which exploded over me.

THEN you get Miss Elite Dog-Owner in the park this morning, sneering at my mutt on a lead because he's not getting off it with wonky recall and stiches from losing his man bits, and showing off doing her perfect lie downs (I'd settle for lie down not meaning roll over, stick your legs in the air and fart with mine right now!) and stays.... and leaving a trail of three steaming dog turds in her wake - and I KNOW it was her because we were the only two people on the field and they were still giving off steam when I got to them.

Yet people would look at me and MY dog on the lead and assume that I was the bad dog owner in this picture. Yeah my boy can't do tricks, the only command he's got is sit, wave a paw hopefully and look cute cos that usually works with people, and he's a right shaggy scruffball - but my dog's poo is the one in the black bag.

So yeah I'm more than a little cheesed off about it all myself at the moment - hard not to be when you're getting it in the neck about dog dirt after wiping a squelcher off the grass with a roll of kitchen towel to make sure it's all fully scooped.

Oh and I've skidded over in someone else's deposits walking in the dark as well - I've had an AWESOME week!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >