Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 11:28 AM

Dog space hopper toy

Does anybody have one of these?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_6xg7oalf0i_b

Tilly got one for Xmas & is frightened of it!!When she tries to get something from her toy box, if it's in the way - she cries like a baby
The good news is she's not frightened of rubber chicken any more

She is so funny about rubber & the space hopper makes a very loud, long squeak!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes!!! This toy is just fantastic coz it makes the most horrendous noises, it's squeaks, it squeals and it grunts Zena adores it, but I bought mine ever so cheap in The Range, and although it's very thin and soft, it's still intact and it's had about 8 months of wear and tear! Definitely no good for a chewer that's for sure, it's very delicate! If you squeaze it hard, it seems to go on forever afterwards making it's loud noises, and then Zena's shakes it from side to side to make sure she kills it!

The only toy that Zena cries and goes all weird with is her quacking duck, but she always gets him out first thing every morning, and runs around it crying!!! Sooooo funny!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Zeff has one and lurves it.

rune
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes!!! This toy is just fantastic coz it makes the most horrendous noises, it's squeaks, it squeals and it grunts Zena adores it, but I bought mine ever so cheap in The Range, and although it's very thin and soft, it's still intact and it's had about 8 months of wear and tear! Definitely no good for a chewer that's for sure, it's very delicate! If you squeaze it hard, it seems to go on forever afterwards making it's loud noises, and then Zena's shakes it from side to side to make sure she kills it!

The only toy that Zena cries and goes all weird with is her quacking duck, but she always gets him out first thing every morning, and runs around it crying!!! Sooooo funny!
yes the noise does go on a bit it feels really weird doesn't it, like latex gloves! I'm laughing at the thought of Zena killing hers

Tilly's favourite at the moment is non rubber version of rubber chicken i.e plush chicken who sings cock a doodle flaming dooooo

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Zeff has one and lurves it.

rune
Maybe when all Tilly's other toys are destroyed she will take to it too
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Kismet would love it! Maybe you should post it to us and we'll find something to send to you in return
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 12:12 PM

It has lasted better than I expected - but he is certainly not allowed it all the time
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I saw them when shopping for more dog toys yesterday and I would have loved to get him one - but he's a real chewer when allowed to be (thankfully just on things that are meant to be chewed) and since the life expectancy of a tennis ball in this house is approx 5 minutes max - it wouldn't have lasted very long.

I think the company that makes them were on the East Mids news recently for them doing really well despite the crud economy because of things like the space hopper toy being so popular (very hazy recollection here).
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes we have one here, Harvey loves anything soft and rubbery especially if it squeaks
Scottie_111
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2011, 02:55 PM
yip got one. mind you the lugs didn't last long.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm going to buy Lana one. Quite a few dogs at the park have them and Lana loves being allowed to play with them. All the dogs seem to love theirs.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >