View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:51 AM
gosh 98 dogs!!!! i hope there all ok and i hope the owner is ok too. i have heard of her before at st comp i went too, hopefully everything will be ok!!!!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
The emerging picture is looking murky.

Mary Ellen Collis is on the insolvency list for bankrupcy, but keeps running her business fraudulently obtaining credit for the purchase for animals.
http://heezedoorn.oswshop2.nl/index....d=41&Itemid=65

Hardly an endorsement for the ABS.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Good Lord, this is terrible. Poor woofers!

What an odd story!
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I'll agree, there is something fishy going on. Alot of the papers are coming out with slightly different stories. Until Mary Ellen Collis is found and able to give her version of events we shall never know. It's all too easy to read what has been said and jump to your own conclusions. They way I see it, taking into consideration her purported financial troubles, she has moved on from 'breeder' to 'farmer', laid off all non-essential staff (as has been pointed out, where are they?) in a bid to save money, she had perhaps succumbed to the pressures of it all and had some sort of breakdown and walked away.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I posted this on another forum and got a reply from two people who claim to own St Bernards bred by Mary.
(I don't know who these people are and hence say they 'claim')

The first said that she owns a wardana bitch who is beautiful and loving but at 18 months began to have problems with her bones.
She said she'd tried to get in touch with Mary, leaving message after message and eventually got through and the problem was blamed on the sire's breeder who eventually had to be pts due to a bone disorder.
She claims to have had huge vet bills and nothing could be done in the end so it's a case of making her dog as comfortable as possible for the rest of her life.

She says that she went to look at another Wardana dog more recently who she was told belonged to a kennel hand but Mary wanted them to take the dog there and then and refused to allow them to trial the dog with their son.

She said she discovered that Mary had been involved in fraudulent dealings over the dogs and wasn't caring for them properly, even lying about the parentage of some of the dogs (apparently).

She was not allowed to see the 'main kennels' where the other dogs were when she went up there and claims it's a puppy farm.

The other response:
Was from a lady who says she has owned wardana dogs since 1999 and has always felt that Mary was nothing but dedicated to her breed and only ever loved her dogs.
This lady's dog was due to stay at the kennels over Xmas but she was unable to contact them and was informed of the news by a nearby kennels.
She can't believe that Mary would abandon the dogs after 30 years of dedication to them and she's very concerned about what has happened.
She said the last time she visited there were lots of kennel staff and all of the kennels were cleaned regularly.
She said by the sounds of it it's all got very out of control and totally overwhelmed Mary but she is also concerned and hopes nothing sinister has happened to her.

So, whilst these two people could be the same person just out to wind us all up, I thought I would pass this on for you to mull over
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I think she's done a runner!! Lack of funds, so she gets out and leaves all that mess behind like a lot of business rogues would!!! It's disgraceful quite honestly, and I have no time for people like her! I doubt very much if she was ill, she'd be found in a local hospital or something, no she's definitely done a runner imo!
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Lottie, i have read that about the Wardana bitch with the bone issues, Rosie is the name of the dog, and also about the trial refusal. That would be over on S*******dforum
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Yep - but I got told off last time I mentioned that name

ahem... who are you on there then?
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorted it, don't want to get in trouble on my first day.

I'm no-one over there, unregistered, just found it while googling the St Bernards
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Ah I see
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »