Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Having just read through some replies I`m going for a walk to allow my blood pressure to settle.
The OP`s dog was not running AT these people but PAST them. Get a grip, guys.
My dogs yesterday galloped happily PAST a madwoman who snatched her little dog up and screamed abuse after them as they lollopped past without a glance at her. Maybe if people are so terrified of animals they should stick to the streets?

I agree I don't think some of the replies here have been very fair to the starter of this thread
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2008, 11:28 AM
dunno what relevance the foreigner tag has though?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry, but the above says you do, or that is the way I read it..
Well I read it completely the other way the sentance 'even I don't smack her like that' indicates to me that she may sometimes give her dog a smack (it could be a light tap on the nose or on the bum) but no way would she administer a heavy 'punch' type blow and she was emphasizing the fact that this women was being aggressive and cruel.

With our Bara, if anyone punched her, I can assure you they would regret it for the rest of their life, after all it's difficult to eat with only one hand isn't it

And before anyone accuses me of having an out of control dog let me assure you she is the most friendly of dogs, loves meeting people, and when we go for our walk she always dives up to all the weekenders to say hello, but like me, she doesn't like being made a fool of.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Actually - I`m pretty sure that`s not correct. Otherwise no-one would be able to work a dog.

And dog fights are rarely the subject of legal actions unless they involve people.

So I really think the OP can continue to walk her dog without her solicitor being present (HUMOUR GUYS!)
So.. how come if someone asks on here who was in the wrong when an off lead dog attacks their dog..they are told the off lead dog??

I am damn sure if my dogs got into a fight with an offlead dog it wouldn't be my dogs fault because they are on a lead and under control..

If I was attacked by a dog off lead..then its out of control..

If I was attacked by a dog on a lead then the owner isn't in control..

My dogs are worked but are still actually tethered to something that I am in control of..so I am not sure where they working part comes in..
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:29 PM
To my mind this was a complete over reaction to what the dog did. I don't believe in hitting dogs at all but to hit one because it brushed against her - completely rediculous and very very stupid! How on earth were they to know that your dog was friendly!

I hope the next time she chooses to hit someone elses dogs she gets more than she bargened for, either from the dog or the owner! ....and i am no way near a violent person.

In the furture if i were you i would keep her away from non doggy people.....save your pup from any future incidents.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
i asked why she had hit her an i got told to f^%& off..
That is absolutely and totaly unacceptable, no way can any human behave like that and expect to get away with it, doesn't matter where they were born, what culture they have, or what they believe in.

Apart from anything else, in the eyes of the law your dog is your property, so just like the person who had a drunken youth run up and kick his dog, (Previous thread on Dogsey) you have had an attack on your property and you could bring the law into this.

I feel sorry for you, there are so few places where a dog can be off lead nowadays, and it's so very important for a dog to be able to run around and sniff all the smells and find out who has been where. Keeping a dog permantly on lead is verging on cruelty IMO.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
dunno what relevance the foreigner tag has though?

Yeah i thought it said "posh or Forigner", not i can't see the relevance really. All sorts of people treat dogs differently regardless of nationality....don't really want to get into a debate about it.

It's what she did that was important not her nationality.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I think a lot of you are being unfair to the thread starter.

If someone hit my dog i would hunt them down till i got their name and address and i would report them to the police and press charges against them!

If that didnt work I would get my revenge somehow believe me!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I think a lot of you are being unfair to the thread starter.

If someone hit my dog i would hunt them down till i got their name and address and i would report them to the police and press charges against them!

If that didnt work I would get my revenge somehow believe me!!
Yep i would definately report it!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I would not waste your time reporting this. I guarentee that nothing will come of it. Unless a dog bites a person, the police are not interested.

It is sad that there are so many horrible people out there. I call my dogs back to me if I see someone coming for this very reason. My dogs are friendly and I trust them completely, but other people don't know that. If you don't own dogs, and don't know any dogs personally, I can see why you might be weary of them. The media is partly at fault for the this hysteria, but the real blame falls on the idiots who can't control their dogs, let them run loose, aggress others, etc. Just this morning my dogs were snarled at by an aggressive dog on a lead coming around the corner in a popular off-lead area...had it not have been on a lead I have no doubt that it would have attacked. GREAT place to walk a very dog aggressive dog, huh? a place where 95% of dogs are off lead.
Then on the way back we were charged by three off lead Cocker Spaniels who were snarling and snapping - on our own street! we have so many encouters with nasty, uncontrollable dogs, it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture to non-dog lovers, does it?
Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »