Originally Posted by melzy View Post
thats where my mum was born FIT LIKE FOOs YERSEL woops off topic
yup.. they have there own lingo... quiney and loon and all that
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
There is a farmer locally who has a bridle path running straight through his property...it is one of two accesses onto the local downs... it goes straight past his house.

He has put the heaviest 5bar gate that hangs of its hinges across the bridle path....it is impossible to open mounted..

Not only that, but he leaves is collies in the yard... jus to give you a little more grief, when dismounting to open the gate

Something to contend with, holding onto your nag, with a couple of collies nipping their heels, while trying to move the forth bridge
Nightmare!!! We have a public footpath running up our drive and almost right by the house - which is a bit of a pain, as I like my dogs to run around free most of the day when I am in. The good thing is that the drive is pretty long and the dogs bark if they see anyone coming from a mile away, so I can get them indoors before anyone arrives.

However much of a pain it is though, I would never deliberately leave my dogs out to annoy people or put a lock on the gate etc to stop people getting through.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Nightmare!!! We have a public footpath running up our drive and almost right by the house - which is a bit of a pain, as I like my dogs to run around free most of the day when I am in. The good thing is that the drive is pretty long and the dogs bark if they see anyone coming from a mile away, so I can get them indoors before anyone arrives.

However much of a pain it is though, I would never deliberately leave my dogs out to annoy people or put a lock on the gate etc to stop people getting through.
Have to say, most people in the village who used the bridleway where understanding , the path ran straight past his front door, and would try and accommodate him on time and so forth...shame he was not the same!!
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 18 19 20 21