Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Update on Mum.

she arrived home last Monday very unsteady and then all the hard work began again. doctor not her own to give her the once over, the pain he thinks is the osteoporis, as she is not on the fosamax at the moment as this along with most of the other drugs she has to take causes ulcers.
Home helps gong in 2 days a week for an hour each time we may have to increase it, she then needed another walking frame one upstairs one down,
I sorted all that Tuesday along with visiting Mum and getting her a tumble dryer,poor Gorden is so neglected his bank holiday was taken over and so far his two week Easter Break I am going to ease off a little this week if possible.
Friday we were going away over the weekend as gorden felt I needed a weekend to be pampered. Mum get really bad diohrrea (sp) so I call the doctor out to her and end up over there see she is settled so I can go away two hours late. Gill did pick up for me over this weekend prescriptions etc., doctor says she has a bug that is quite common in ulcer sufferers. That has cleared up she has two nurses going in at the moment as well.
Rang her today when I got back and she was in a very down mood still in pain. I think we are going to have to see how she goes on her own. She is not coping at all well at this time. Hopefully she will improve.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:16 PM
oh hun sorry to hear this hope it gets better for you all soon, thinking of you hugs from my end keep your chin up
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Aww, poor mum and poor you, you need to take care of yourself as well. I hope things start to improve soon for your mum.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, sending big hugs to you all xx (((hugs)))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Lynn. I know what a nightmare it is, but quite honestly, what can we do, apart from be there when needed and do everything we can to help. You know I'm going through the same thing. I know how independent your mum is just like mine USED to be, but quite honestly, once they get a taste of being cared for and totally looked after, it really gives them a wonderful sense of security, I can definitely see that with my dear old Mum, and perhaps your mum might be better off that way too??? It really would take a hell of a lot of the strain off of you. It's not fair on Gordon the same as it just wasn't fair on Dave, and I can only see that now that Mum is being cared for somewhere else, which of course I never thought would happen and I never wanted it to happen, but somehow it's all worked out for the best.

I really don't know what to say Lynn, apart from the fact that I really do know how very stressful it all is, but I'm sure things will come to a head somehow and she'll end up being cared for properly in a lovely place like my old Mum, because quite honestly, if she's gone very frail, it's quite dangerous imo to leave her on her own don't you think? So sorry Lynn, I really don't know what to say to lift your spirits Big hugs for you, you're a daughter in a million, coz not many of them do what we do for our old mums. Take care and keep us informed of how she's doing and try not to worry too much.xxxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Awwww Lynn,sorry to hear your mum and yourself are still having a bad time.Huge hugs from me and hope things improve soon,xxxxxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry to read this Lynn, I really hope things improve, but you deserve a real pamper xxxxxx