Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 10:26 PM

Win8 and 8.1 update?

No.1 son has bought me a whizzy Lenovo Ideapad u330 running Win8. New for me as my VAIO is Win7.

He told me a lot of issues have been addressed by the Win 8.1 update but not to go for it yet as it is too new and wait for wrinkles to be ironed out first. Any thoughts on this?

My new lappy (love it)

My new gizmo (love it)
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm a thicko What's the gizmo
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 10:30 PM
That laptop looks wonderful Tang, except for the wretched Windows 8..............I will be very interested to hear how you get on with it. Has it taken you long to understand how to use it?

My pet adviser has told me that 8.1 will be much easier to use than 8, but it is all complete double dutch to me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
That laptop looks wonderful Tang, except for the wretched Windows 8..............I will be very interested to hear how you get on with it. Has it taken you long to understand how to use it?

My pet adviser has told me that 8.1 will be much easier to use than 8, but it is all complete double dutch to me.
Hello Bitkin. I NEVER upgrade OSs. I always buy new with the latest on it (unless it's a heap of crap like Millenium etc. then I just miss one out!)

I moan like everyone else when new one comes out but never ever try to 'use it like the old one' or take the easy cop out options. I always get to grips with it.

I am doing OK with the Win8 (just playing at the mo) but really want that update! But will be guided by the guru as to when to go for it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I have never upgraded either.........this laptop actually came with Vista, but my chap put XP on it for me and so Vista and 7 have peacefully passed me by!

However, this dear old machine is on the way out now and I will eventually have to replace it. Windows 8.1 it will be, and I am hoping to hang on until at least February.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Yes if you are going for the 8.1 wait a bit I'd say.

And of course you HAVE upgraded - if you had Vista and your 'chap' put XP on it instead lol! That's what I mean by upgrading - CHANGING the OS from what came on it preloaded!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:18 AM
What a lovely son ..... what a lovely present Oh my gawd that cover page looks like double-dutch to me. It takes me ages getting use to new technology but I do when I have to. Good luck
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Hi Pat that looks lovely . My son bought me a new laptop two weeks ago and I was horrified to find it had Windows 8 installed having read such negative reports about it.
I have coped with it just fine considering my lack of computer related knowledge.
I put all the unwanted tiles in the waste bin can't stand clutter.

I spent two hours on Sunday night working out how to get rid of the Chrome new tab page which suddenly appeared with even more tiles , oddly this only happened on the new laptop not the old one.

I read about the W8 upgrade and thought I might leave it a few weeks as I am in danger of 'brain overload' at the moment with all these changes .
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Hello Bitkin. I NEVER upgrade OSs. I always buy new with the latest on it (unless it's a heap of crap like Millenium etc. then I just miss one out!)

I moan like everyone else when new one comes out but never ever try to 'use it like the old one' or take the easy cop out options. I always get to grips with it.

I am doing OK with the Win8 (just playing at the mo) but really want that update! But will be guided by the guru as to when to go for it.
So every time there's a Windows upgrade,you buy a new laptop?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:10 AM
DON'T talk to me about Win8, hate it, hate it, hate it.
I've had my lappy since Feb with Windows 8 and still can't get used to it
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »