Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Because her programme focused on the show world of pedigree dogs... which sent many running for the unregistered dogs/xbreeds, becuase they are healtheir dont you know.
Are you sure? Would those people have bought pups from health tested parents and responsible show breeders before that problem or is the only difference that instead of buying a puppy farmed bichon or beagle they bought a puppy farmed 'cockerpoo' or 'juggle'?
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Because her programme focused on the show world of pedigree dogs... which sent many running for the unregistered dogs/xbreeds, becuase they are healtheir dont you know.
But don't you think that's a very one sided way of looking at things?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I think you'd only to listen to the comments 'on the street' to know the overall impression left by the programme. People were left with the impression that it's better to buy a cross or unregistered pups because they are healthier <sigh>

I wouldn't really say that the programme sent people running to puppy farms, but did leave the impression that puppy farms are big places with outside barns packed to the rafters - you'd easily spot a puppy farm if you turned up at one. That's not the case either.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
My problem is that Jemima Harrison deliberately omitted the fact that the two dogs(Cavalier & Boxer)featured were not KC registered & didn't have any KC registered dogs within 5 generations. She has admitted publicly(on another forum)that the program would not have been so sensational if she had given the background of the two dogs(The Boxer being the result of a brother/sister mating between 2 pet dogs)
I thought the cavalier male that was featured was KC registered and being bred from? Are you talking about the one that was ill and the fitting boxer----how do you know they weren't registered? Was it found out after the programme?

One of our vets was on talking about problems in pugs. The eye vet for the area is also at the practise and they seem to see loads of shar peis.

rune
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't think that was the case tbh - if anything the program made people more diligent about all breeders.
Totally disagree I am at moment being called terrible names etc on a group selling and buying pups that have no tests done, crossbred, poorly bred Staffies and one is even getting a pup dropped of to her as she does npot drive and will save her takin it home on a bus Now this group is just in my area and is full of twats imo No Questions at all being asked and when I do I get names posted about me lol
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I thought the cavalier male that was featured was KC registered and being bred from? Are you talking about the one that was ill and the fitting boxer----how do you know they weren't registered? Was it found out after the programme?

rune
Yes.......
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Totally disagree I am at moment being called terrible names etc on a group selling and buying pups that have no tests done, crossbred, poorly bred Staffies and one is even getting a pup dropped of to her as she does npot drive and will save her takin it home on a bus Now this group is just in my area and is full of twats imo No Questions at all being asked and when I do I get names posted about me lol
Well done for trying to help educate at least

This is what i mean though, there are just some people you will never get through to.

Someone on another forum i'm on posted a thread asking whether the litter of pups she had linked to were purebred Pomeranians. She got no end of advice because they was BYB pups but her reply was "i haven't got £800 for a champion puppy" She received lots more advice but she never replied again. I can only imagine she went out and purchased the "cheap" pup, which is sad.

But how can JH be responsible for the idiots of the world?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes.......
Have you got a reference please---I can't find it.

Thanks.

rune
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Same here,I am a member of a few of these groups,one had a sbt up for stud,I pretended I was interested in using dog and asked if it was tested,he claimed it was fine from all conditions,yet two hrs before hadn't a clue and asked what they were, so I asked if he had certificates for me to view,still waiting for an answer......
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Maybe they couldn't find any?

rune
Maybe they weren't looking. Actually, there's no maybe about that.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 42 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »