View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2011, 04:31 PM
A shelf full of books is a beautiful sight. Can't see me ever having one. I can see the attraction if you travel a lot but, you have to be able to charge it.
Not for me. Plus, you can throw a paperback across the room without damaging it. LOL
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Interesting views from both sides. My younger sister said she was horrified when myself and my brother opened our kindles from Dad and said she was dreading opening one too! She hates the idea and loves physical books. Each to their own
I'm still loving mine, I love how you don't have to charge it for a month or more, (obviously depending on how much you read) but still it's a lot!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I got a refund for the Sherlock Holmes Collection - all 86p of it! How cool - I had no idea you could get refunds.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Someone needs to tell my dog that just because the adverts on the telly feature a dog licking it - she doesn't need to try and a cute little dog is far different to a tonne of greyhound slobber!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Well I have had my kindle for 3 weeks now and I LOVE it.

I love the fact that once it is set up I can just order a book via my Amazon account directly (either from kindle or lap top) with no paying faffing.

I love the fact that if I want a book I can it get it INSTANTLY and not have to wait for it to be in stock or posted.

Of course the DOWN side is that you could buy more books without really thinking about it.

And for me, because I am always on the road it means I can have MANY books in my slim, lightweight Kindle in my laptop bag.

I have the leather cover with the integral light.

I love the fact it opens at the page you closed it at, that you can search the book for a particular passage, as a confirmed luddite I am converted, especially as it cost me NOTHING as I used my nectar points to purchase it and the cover.

FABFABFABFAB
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Of course the DOWN side is that you could buy more books without really thinking about it.
Yep this is my problem!!!

Glad you like it, it makes such a difference if you are travelling all the time doesn't it!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Just brill, I like the way it turns itself off if you fall asleep, and that it folds flat to read (better than a book) so you only need one hand.

Also, so far ALL the books I have ordered have been cheaper than either paper or hardback format.

It is difficult to fault it really.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 12:19 PM
You have reminded me that I really need to put more effort into my nectarcard!!! At 40k miles a year I'm seriously due some free stuff!!!!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
The guy in Argos could not believe that I could buy a Kindle (£89.99) and a leather cover with light (£49.99) just on Nectar points (and have some left over)

I am never in a rush to redeem my points; I am the same with hotels and their points, I save them up until I can have a fabbo weekend and upgrade to a higher grade room or even suite!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
The guy in Argos could not believe that I could buy a Kindle (£89.99) and a leather cover with light (£49.99) just on Nectar points (and have some left over)

I am never in a rush to redeem my points; I am the same with hotels and their points, I save them up until I can have a fabbo weekend and upgrade to a higher grade room or even suite!
Quite right! It has actually never occured to me to do the same with hotels! Right that's it, watch this space this time next year....
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »