Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 04:24 PM

Ebook reader anyone??

I have just persuaded my dear oh to buy me a kindle for Christmas, i love to read, but the amount of books i have is ridiculous so i thought this is an ideal way to get round that, and have lots of books available to me in a little pad.

Does anyone else have an ebook reader and what do you think of it?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 04:40 PM
A friend has one and loves it. She was doubtful at first but she can change text size, gets light automatically and is really enjoying it.

I would have never thought she would.

So have fun.

rune
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I got a Sony E-reader Pocket Edition for my birthday! I absolutely love it, but wish I asked for the other one they do, it's got a back light!

Any E-reader is great I think, being able to store lots of books and not look like a walking library is fab!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Just bought the Sony PRS-650 for hubby for christmas. Anyone got one of these?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
sorry I don't have a book reader but part of the enjoyment for me is reading from a book and not a screen, I also like finding bargains, books at £2. in the charity shop that still cost £10 in the shop (on sale) then being able to put them back in the charity shop so they can make some more for the charity on the book.....was thinking of doing book crossing too but havent got round to it!

Be interesting to see what people think of them though..
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I got a kindle for my birthday So far it all seems good and if I fall asleep in bed reading I don't lose my page
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
sorry I don't have a book reader but part of the enjoyment for me is reading from a book and not a screen, I also like finding bargains, books at £2. in the charity shop that still cost £10 in the shop (on sale) then being able to put them back in the charity shop so they can make some more for the charity on the book.....was thinking of doing book crossing too but havent got round to it!

Be interesting to see what people think of them though..
Same here I'd hate it most of my readin gets done in a bubble bath with a bottle of wine. I also trawl around the charity shops and then sell them on at car boots once I've read them.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I wanted to get a kindle for Paul for christmas, but have got a portrait done and framed of Zeke instead for the same price so the kindle will have to wait till the next time!

I might get him one for his birthday in April, so this thread will be interesting!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Oh I love my books. I can't imagine curling up with a screen ... when writing I like to edit from a print out. I'll watch this thread with interest.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I love my ereader, I also have the Sony pocket one. I was a bit worried it would be too much like a computer screen but it doesn't seem to be because of the "e-ink technology" or whatever they call it! You can get some books for a couple of quid although I have found that new releases are generally more in line with bookshop prices (as opposed to asda/tesco where they are a bit cheaper). You can get 100s of classics for free too.

Apparently some libraries now have a system where you can borrow ebooks too-it's like a time limited download. Haven't seen this here yet but I think with the rise in popularity it will come.

Definitely recommend them!

Dee
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >