Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You know me Must say, I much prefer Shilma!!!!
lol helena you're getting as bad as jackiey, jade's mum
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
I could not agree more with this post, the way Jodie Marsh was treated was IMO appalling, it seems to happen all to frequently but only get's this level of publicity when they attach the race element to it. BB should make it clear before they go in that bullying will not be tolerated & if it happens the perpetrator's will be summarily ejected.
Jodie marsh was treated in the most awful way also. As was Traci Bingham (ex baywatch) A bit was made of Jodi's experiance but not enough and the bullies of her didn't get chastised to harshly I didn't think and with Traci she was black yes but maybe cuz she was a dumb baywatch actress it didn't matter so much. Ashleyne was also bullied an awful lot. Definitly is not the first time it's happened, wont be the last and it happens across the world everyday - except people tend to only speak when it becomes a media circus as with everything unfortunatly.

Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
They won't have been told of any of the furore going on, they never are. They'll only find out whats been going on when they come out.
So tonight's press conference is off until they have been briefed thoroughly and there will be no crowd, in case of trouble. But Davina will still interview the evictee, whoever they are????
I think in normal circumstances they arn't told what's going on but I think they have definitly had words with them I will guarantee it - when their sponsers start pulling out etc etc it changes the rules a bit I'll guess.

I know ppl want to see Jade receive the public distaste many feel she deserves but I think it's good there will be no crowd. Apparently there have been death threats and all sorts - I think the media have been in danger of starting alot of tension to be honest as people have resorted to hysteria.
Elli Bell
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't think it is racism. Jade is a bully. She would have bullied Shilpa whatever race she was because she feels threatened by her. Shilpa is beautiful, articulate and classy......everything Jade could never be.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Just watched tonights first show and Jade is adamant she did not make racist comments.
I still think many of her comments were racist, but sadly, like a lot of people, she just didn't see that they were at the time, which is more worrying in many ways. I think when she has the incidents pointed out and shown to her tonight, by the look of things she will be really sorry. I have to admit to feeling sorry for her watching tonight so far, BUT that doesn't change or excuse the comments she made (and she wasn't alone).
all unpleasant really.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You know me Must say, I much prefer Shilma!!!!
Maybe, but it's not her name

----------

I just watched a clip on the news where BB asks Jade why she called Shilpa, Shilpa Poppadom I didn't know she had said that and have absolutely zero respect for her now.

She has proved she is a bully and a racist.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2007, 10:11 PM
i have read about it but not watched to be honest it isn't my cup of tea.
azz i have read on sky news she said because she is indian she should have an indian name ie (poppadom) dunno if its true.
from what i have seen jade is very rude to her but i get the feeling that she is bullying her due to her being a different race in her eyes.
i don't think she has any type of respect for her at all, but then again shes like it with alot of ppl, she certainly comes over as thinking shes is something she isn't.
honestly i dont know how she has been able to take the remarks made against her in such a manner and not fight back.
the media isn't helping, yes it is a real issue that happens on a regular basis in society but to air this kind of program in the name of entertainment for the sake of ratings is sick.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Jade Goody has been booted out of the Celebrity Big Brother house after intense debate over her alleged racist bullying of the Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty. Channel 4 excluded the usual crowd of onlookers from the eviction ceremony because of "heightened feelings".

Before the vote - which was 82% for Goody to go - she tearfully confided to Big Brother she was "petrified" that people would think she was a "racist bitch".

Goody had apologised to Shetty, insisting she is not a racist and said she regrets any offence that she has caused.

But the south Londoner faced fresh controversy after branding her rival "Shilpa Poppadom" and will apparently be taken to a safe house by police when kicked out.

Channel 4 is to donate all the phone line profits from the public vote to charity.

Gordon Brown, on a visit to India, suggested that viewers should show their disgust for racism - being seen by most people as the Chancellor favouring Shetty over Goody.

The Indian actress has endured repeated verbal assaults from Goody and faced highly-critical comments from others in the house, including ex-Miss Great Britain Danielle Lloyd.

Goody, who was 50-1 odds-on to be the third person to be evicted in the public vote, told Shetty: "I know that what has happened has not been nice for you... and a lot of stuff got said the other day from you and from myself.

"I didn't say it in a racial way... I do not judge people by the colour of their skin."

Shetty replied: "I know that, I don't think you're racist. I really appreciate that you took the first step."

But out of earshot on another occasion, Jade called her "Shilpa Poppadom".

In the diary room, she explained her comments, saying: "She is Indian, so will have an Indian name.

"What I said about her was not meant in a racial way - it's not acceptable if done in that way. If it's offended any Indians I apologise."

Meanwhile, Lloyd has said sorry to the Bollywood actress, saying she was "disgusted" by her behaviour.

Earlier in the week, Shety thought she was a victim of racism but later changed her mind, believing her row with Jade had not been racially motivated.

:: The public believe Channel 4 should have intervened to stop the abuse, according to a newspaper poll.

The Guardian/Marketing Sciences poll reveals that the 63% of Britons believe Channel 4 had a responsibility to step in, with women feeling more strongly than men at 72%.

latest update. taken from my home page.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2007, 11:02 PM
her interveiw afterwards was the biggest peice of pre-rehursed crap i have seen.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Jade is just a mixed up women, if you see her before she was famous she was the most stupid but funny women you could meet, i think all the attention she has now has made her some thing she int. she only started talking to shipla that way to impress the other girls in the house, if you watched the show she only every slagged the girl down when she was with others.
I think this is going to lose her loads of money. and so it should, she may go back to being normal when the fame dies down.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Just to clear it up: the poppadom comment was made because Jade went to say a second name for Shilpa...She didn't know any Indian names - If she was British she may well have said Shilpa Smith - she couldn't pull an Indian name out the hat so to speak so she just said something she related to India - I don't actually think it was racist but it was stupidity.

Danielle on the other hand and definitly Jack? hmm.

I can't believe Danielle made a scape goat out of Jade and told Shilpa she wouldn't have been like that but felt intimidated by Jade - my ****! - There was no intimidation by Jade, Danielle started saying things long before Jade mouthed off. It's a shame as I actually thought she was really nice at first. She most likely still is but they have all been stupid. Jack - no excuses. The girls I think their biggest mistake was that by being three together they kinda felt like the 'popular' one's and it brought out the worst in them - but they still arn't the most hateful people I can think of.

Does anyone remember last years regular big brother how about nikki refering to sam (cross dressing guy) as she - it him - freak - what ever 'it' calls it's self...along with alot of other torrents of abuse towards him? She said she didn't want 'it' near her because god knows what 'it' is...It does make me wonder why that wasn't made a world wide issue of - maybe it didn't matter so much to people.

I think to make racisim higher than any other kind of hate isn't right when it all boils down to the same thing.

With reference to that it shouldn't be aired as entertainment - well if it makes people wake up and smell the coffee as to how their own behaviour may be hurtful to another that's good - what went on in this series of bb was very wrong but doesn't even touch what some people go through everyday in 'real' life - if it makes people pay attention to that I see it as a good thing.

Don't forget, Jade herself has always been at the butt of peoples remarks herself - fat - ugly - pig the list is endless.

Lets not forget this time last week at the evictions the whole crowd were chanting 'Shilpa out' they didn't care they might have made her feel like crap for that?

People are mean and sometimes quite hypocritical.
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »