Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I just noticed... Charlie has lost his little StAndrews flag tag... I'm gutted. Just had to dish out a tenner for Claire to geta new one tomorrow
This is one of the reasons why I moved to having embroidered collars. They weren't that expensive either.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Thanks! However, the blue eyes have a strange effect on some people! There's one old woman in our village who crosses herself and crosses the road every time she sees either Snorri-dog or Kali - she says they have "the Evil Eye"!
Superstition has its uses, I suppose!

Snorri
Daft bat!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 06:43 AM
dogs names.. postcode and house number and telephone number
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Teagan has:
Teagan *surname*
*my mobile & home numbers*

Reverse:
'*My address*'

On the second tag she has;
I am Insured, phone my vet
*Vets phone number*

Reverse;
Scan Me
I am Microchipped
I am Spayed

Well, all that info is on....maybe not in that order though lol
Max has the same on his, except he is "Maxwell *surname*, and his doesn't say he is spayed (obviously)

The reason I don't mind having his name on is that we never call him "Maxwell" anyway, and plus, the way he is currently behaving means he won't "come" for me, let alone anyone else....
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Also, having five dogs means I don't have to search for whose collar is who's! They don't have collars on around the house.
my five also just have my surname and our mobile numbers on their tags. this is as Rachel said, helpful when putting collars on i don't have to search for the right collar to go over the right head. i just grab a collar and a dog.

i also have mobile numbers rather than a home number, just because i think i'd be out looking if one of my girls went astray not waiting at home. although when my sisters dog did a runner a few years back we spent hours looking for him in the woods. only to find he'd gone home (over a main road) almost as soon as he lost us. thankfully he was fine.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Nothing they are chipped or tatood and in elgium there is a national register with the necessary adress etc.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-12-2006, 12:56 PM
they have their names post code and my mobile number, i never understood putting a landline number on because if your dog goes missing surely you would be out looking for them not sitting in the house with your feet up

they also have a disk asking to be scanned because they are chipped and they now have a new disk with a reference number on. if they are found by anyone they can call the phone number on the disk quote the reference and then be reunited with us.

hopefully potential dog thieves will see all the disks,with some help from their friends read them, realise the owners are crazy, paranoid people and run away as fast as they can, leaving my little ones behind them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Along with the usual, I also have "will pay vet" stamped on mine, just in case!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
Nothing they are chipped or tatood and in elgium there is a national register with the necessary adress etc.
Mine are chipped, but have tags as well.
Having found stray dogs in the past and kept them here, I know it isn't always possible for whoever finds them to call out to somewhere with a scanner straight away. With a phone number on a tag, I can ring the moment I find a dog and the owner can come and get it straight away. With a microchip, it could be a few days before I can organise a lift out to the vet or for the dog warden to call here to check.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-12-2006, 01:09 PM
off topic i know but ive just read helena54s signature, its genius, so true im sat at my desk, the scenery hasnt changed and im sure depression is kicking in!!!

much rather be out in the rain with the dogs thank god its friday!!!!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >