View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I just put our postcode on Oscar's tag. The other one he wears just says he is microchipped.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
In Snorri's case, the "I need epilepsy tablets twice a day" is likely to put people off stealing him, I hope! Even in this day and age, there are folk who regard epilepsy as "demonic possession" and who wouldn't want to steal a "demon dog"!

Snorri

(not a lover of stupid, superstitious gits!)
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Mine just have their name and my phone number. No tag though, it's embroidered on their collars.
Oooooooh get you... posh people
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
In Snorri's case, the "I need epilepsy tablets twice a day" is likely to put people off stealing him, I hope! Even in this day and age, there are folk who regard epilepsy as "demonic possession" and who wouldn't want to steal a "demon dog"!

Snorri

(not a lover of stupid, superstitious gits!)
i dunno hes gorgeous

mine only had there tags saying they been microchiped
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
i never really get why people say this? If your dogs going to get stolen, it will get stolen no matter if their name is known or not!
I've always wondered why people think that putting your dogs name on the tag will lead to it getting stolen.

The Dogs Trust reckon that if you put the dogs name on the tag the theives will be able to call the dog (if it's wandering) and steal it that way?

The writing on my tags are so small that the dog would have be within reaching distance of being stolen in the first place, to be able to read the tag!

Therefore............

mine have my name, address, postcode on one side and then, dogs name, home no, mobile no and "call vet if hurt" on the other.

Thankfully none of my three are interested in running off or left anywhere to get stolen so think we're safe!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:13 PM
mine have their name on one side ie, jazzie and then my home phone number on the other plus they both have their other tag that says ' i'm micro-chipped, please scan me' on them!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
i never really get why people say this? If your dogs going to get stolen, it will get stolen no matter if their name is known or not!
I have to agree. If someone is close enough to read the dog's name on the tag, they have the dog already.

My dogs tags have their name and my full address on one side. On the reverse side is my home telephone number, my mobile number and the vets number.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2006, 09:16 PM
mine have their name, our address, home phone number and mobile number just in case they go missing while away from home. They also wear their micro chip tags
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I just noticed... Charlie has lost his little StAndrews flag tag... I'm gutted. Just had to dish out a tenner for Claire to geta new one tomorrow
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:17 PM
my girls have tags that say

I AM LOVED BY THE ..........our surname
TAKE ME HOME

our telephone number
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »