Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 03:20 PM

For those who DON'T get hay fever.

Even though you don't get hay fever, do you find you are sneezing more this year?
I keep getting huge bouts of sneezing, particularly first thing in the morning when I first go outside.
My neighbour thinks she has a summer cold because she is sneezing and her eyes are watering.

Is it because with the dry weather and warm temperatures there is more pollen around?

How is everyone else feeling?
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Well...I DO get t, but found that with antihistamies I was virtually symptomless last year so I thought I was growing out of it, but no, it's back with utter vengeance this year.
Maybe last year was particularly good so this year feels worse by comparison for me.
Mornings are supposed to be the worst time fr pollen, along with early evening, so it is likely this that is causing your sneezing.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Now you mention it Jenn, I have been sneezing first thing in the morning...I don't suffer from hay fever anymore, I did as a child but that was the corn fields we used to play in
xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 04:38 PM
You might have hay feaver - I only got it a few years ago - and that first year I was even snezing at CHRISTMAS
Actually I havent been too bad this year
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 05:12 PM
How strange & yes I keep sneezing but don't suffer from it. At work I blame it on the air conditioning & the fact the office is above the factory where they cut wood - but today I'm at home & still sneezing & runny nose. I also wondered if it was a cold coz I don't feel 100%
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
Well...I DO get t, but found that with antihistamies I was virtually symptomless last year so I thought I was growing out of it, but no, it's back with utter vengeance this year.
Maybe last year was particularly good so this year feels worse by comparison for me.
Mornings are supposed to be the worst time fr pollen, along with early evening, so it is likely this that is causing your sneezing.
Interesting, I didn't realise pollen was worse in the mornings. Thats when I am always worse.

Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Now you mention it Jenn, I have been sneezing first thing in the morning...I don't suffer from hay fever anymore, I did as a child but that was the corn fields we used to play in
xx
Aaah glad it's not just me then!

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
You might have hay feaver - I only got it a few years ago - and that first year I was even snezing at CHRISTMAS
Actually I havent been too bad this year
Oh I really hope I haven't developed it, miserable condition isn't it.

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
How strange & yes I keep sneezing but don't suffer from it. At work I blame it on the air conditioning & the fact the office is above the factory where they cut wood - but today I'm at home & still sneezing & runny nose. I also wondered if it was a cold coz I don't feel 100%
Well I haven't got air con and there are no other pollutants so I can only think it's the pollen.

Hope all you sufferers are feeling more comfortable soon.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2010, 05:41 PM
this is happening to lots of people this yr that never had hayfever before.

its was predicted at the beginning of the season.
the met office said this would happen.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post

Did they? Interesting! I seem to be hayfever-free but a friend who's never had it in her life before had a serious bout earlier this year (tree pollen) and now another bout (unidentified pollen).
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes - I`ve just had a cold with hay fever symptoms as well. The cold has gone but I`m still sneezing.
Most unfair.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post

Thats a first for the Met office to get something right then

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Did they? Interesting! I seem to be hayfever-free but a friend who's never had it in her life before had a serious bout earlier this year (tree pollen) and now another bout (unidentified pollen).
Weird!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Yes - I`ve just had a cold with hay fever symptoms as well. The cold has gone but I`m still sneezing.
Most unfair.
Hope you feel better son Claire.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >