Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 08:10 AM

Daily thread, Tuesday, 24th October

Good morning all, had a lay in with Amber this morning and I think she enjoyed it as much as I did. Steve had to go to work.

Gave Steve some truths yesterday. He said had I told the Council he was homeless because the landlady said he could only stay as a guest. I told him it was up to him to notify the Council and that like him I no longer had a lease so in theory was also homeless. Nothing heard back from them of course.

Was good to see Lynn on here last night and to know that poor Gill is slightly improved. God give her strength to carry on the fight. I hope our lovely Dillon is doing ok, shame there is still no word from Paul and Beth on the house sale.

Harvey, hope Lara is improving and Casey coping ok too.

Besoeker, that Max is something else he is so loyal and caring to you. Although he was scared he realized he still should have stayed with you to see you home. Bless him.

Mandy, we may see Max Verstappen as a future champion and I don't think it will be too far into the future either. Hope your health is improving too. Take care.

Norma, Kazz, Sue, Barry, Nippy Jen and Brian and of course June, hope you are all ok. Take care now and have a good day, Stay safe and well all of you. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Morning Moyra,

Good on you with regard to Steve.........................he is an adult.

Not much planned today Mom got Doc's at 3.30

Besoker hope you get some more advice re the fireworks a few of us replied, yesterday..
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kazz and all who follow

Good for you Moyra let h find his own place. Hopefully the council will find you suitable accommodation asap.

Hope mum's appointment goes well Kazz.

I feel for Max Beseoker as I lived with a fearful dog for a long time this was before the internet and vets doing things to help. He lived behind the sofa from dusk until the last firework everyday. He felt safe there so we would just leave him there and wait until he came out before going to bed.

Good to hear Gill is feeling a little brighter Lynn. Long may she continue to fight. Hope the parts for the stair lift arrive soon.

Horrible morning here so went shopping instead of going for a walk. Might as well do that whilst wet than waste a nice dry day

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Morning all
Mandy, sorry to hear you didn't feel well and that Rosie is a bit off too...Molly has had an upset tum for weeks on and off, i think it is the food she is being fed, Steve got home sunday night after work, walked the dog watched a bit of tv and went off to bed to find..........Molly had been sick all over the bed, down the side of the bed on the quilt, i asked if he thought she was o.k...what with the tummy issues but he says he reckons there's just a bug going round
Moyra, i really truly honestly think that a sheltered place of your own for you and amber would be the best outcome for you, Steve is your son and you love him but you are his Mum and he should be helping you, and showing you respect..i hope you find somewhere that you can call your home
i am lucky that my 2 aren't too fussed with fireworks but i have had the dog who would try and bury herself in the tiniest of places, there are thundershirts, diffusers , collars, sprays. Apparently a carb heavy meal in the afternoon can help but that's only suitable for bonfire night diwali chinese new year ,new year...basically when you are expecting them
Went out to my bin this morning and found stuff from next door in there! i have taken it out and put it in their bin and text my parents to let them know what i have done...here we go again!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Hello quick pop on before work
Rosie seems better this morning. Tony said he thought it might have been his fault she was poorly. He gave her some meat of the Sunday roast, but might have given her too much. I said prob not but she is a sensitive soul lol I think it's a bit of a bug. I've not allowed her any food today yet. Decided to wait till tonight when I know her tummy settled.
Moyra well done to you, hopefully the council will find you & Amber somewhere soon
Kazz hope your mum gets on ok at the docs & that you are ok too
Sue enjoy your shopping day
Griff I would have done same, annoys me when neighbours take liberties
Have a good afternoon everyone, I'm going to work now be back later tonight
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Awww, pleased Rosie seems a bit better, hopefully her tummy will be fully settled by tonight, having had dogs with dodgy tummies it is no fun when you give them a treat and you pay the price.
I am sure Molly's issue is food related, he struggles with money so just buys whatever for her, i am trying to get him to feed skinners, not the best food in the world but i am sure better than she is getting
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear you or rather Max had a bad experience with fireworks. Just remember everyone that even the most well trained dog can take off. So at this time of year keep them on lead. If you don't like the idea of a normal lead then a long one. Not a flexi because if the dog does take off it could hurt him by giving a really bad tug around his neck. Oops there goes the behaviourist/ trainer in me. Stay safe with your dogs peeps.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Good afternoon all.
Thank you for your kind words about Max.
A rescue we got very lucky with.

For sure, he has his quirks. He'll slap me on the leg when he wants me up, he lies right in the way of the bathroom door.
That's OK for the upstairs loo but less convenient for the downstairs one where the door opens out. He'll just lie there and seems happy enough to be pushed across the floor by the door without getting up when I try to execute an exit.

Trivia when you consider his positives. We can walk for miles with just that comfortable, peaceful, relationship. No lead, no shouting commands. He is at ease with other people and their dogs.

But not fireworks.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sorry to hear you or rather Max had a bad experience with fireworks. Just remember everyone that even the most well trained dog can take off. So at this time of year keep them on lead. If you don't like the idea of a normal lead then a long one. Not a flexi because if the dog does take off it could hurt him by giving a really bad tug around his neck. Oops there goes the behaviourist/ trainer in me. Stay safe with your dogs peeps.
Thanks Brenda.
I have no concern that Max will run off.
I am no behaviourist/ trainer so can't say how my approach would work with other dogs.

A little incident from a couple of weeks ago.
I'd gone to the car which is parked outside our back gate. Unbeknown to me, Max followed. I'd closed the back gate.

My neighbour let me know that Max was sitting waiting outside. Quite relaxed. Nonchalantly strolled in when I opened the gate.

Just Max.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Hellooooo all. Had a lovely day with Gill. She managed to walk albeit it very slowly hanging onto my arm. She ate a sandwich not much of it though. We spent most of the time sitting and chatting and laughing and reminiscing. She has an appointment with hr consultant next week.
She is still very anemic and her legs do not move very well at all.
It was really nice to get her out and see her have a good time.

griff how bad of the neighbours. Are these the new ones ?
Moyra glad you have had words with Steve. Dillon is very well thank you.
Mandy good to read you and Rosie are feeling better. Was Lauryn under the weather to ?
Kazz hope you are feeling well.
Harvey hope Casey and lara and of course yourself and mrs Harvey are well.

Not sure we will see much action with the flat re: Paul and Beth now till the new year. We will enjoy our hard work for the time being and decorate a few rooms while waiting. Bit like my car want to change but not in a hurry rather take the time and get it right.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >