Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 06:31 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 26th July

Good Morning everyone. LG, good luck with your MRI today. I should imagine that trespasser will not be heading your way again without his dog on a lead.

June, hope you had a good night after getting your car through its MOT without problems. Glad you got your roof sorted as well. Also glad that Zen enjoyed her extra walk.

Lynn that was nice of the chap at the bait shop giving Joel those fishing items. BTW do they ever catch anything in the river?

Griff, glad Steve is getting help with his emotions. Sorry to hear about Kyto hurting his back. Dogs what can we do with them always into injuring themselves.

Brenda, glad you have a short break now from classes. You are never short of new members for the next group are you.

Harvey hope Lara is recovering and has settled in with Casey well.

Have a good day everyone, much cooler here this morning. A pleasant temperature. Must get Amber out now. Stay safe and well, God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2016, 08:50 AM
We've had rain overnight, typical when I'm having the back wall repointed. The forecast for most of this week was dry but cooler. There was rain forecast for Thursday afternoon, which is the day if Dougie's funeral, now its in for the day, forecast changing that quickly though it could change again
I'm having to move heavy things around so hence my back hurting a lot. Half the yard is blocked off during the day whilst Alun is up ladders, so trying to give girls a bit more space when he's gone, then move everything round again in the morning.
Dull and overcast here, in want the sun back, I bet that Nippy has caught it and stuck it over Devon
Are you any better since the op, Moyra, have the pains gone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Morning Moyra, June and all to follow.
Hope your feeling well today.
LG good luck for good results for your scan today.
June hope the pointing comes along well and that your back feels better soon.
griff hoping Kota is recovering well and you too.
Harvey hoping Lara is settling in nicely.
Hope everyone not mentioned is well and all our four legged friends too.

Very warm here again today.
Doing some housework and Gorden and I are then off to Lincoln to look at an astra estate. Mark will be boy sitting and Dillon sitting.
I know they won't and they know the drill but I will be worrying about Dillon and doors and gates when the boys are backwards and forwards fishing.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone,
I've been for breakfast with my friend this morning. I'm going to put a wash in. ( I've been doing that for an hour)
Lauryn taking Rosie out today. We keeping fingers crossed the weather is the same because we want to go round the local Resevoir. It's a really pretty walk.
Hope you have a good trip, Tony works in Lincoln.
Please be careful with your back June
Hope you ok Moyra, and not in too much pain now
Be back later probably after work
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 12:46 PM
afternoon all
Hope LG will be able to let us know how he got on later...mind you, i don't think you get the results same day....knowing him he may though Lol
TW, you go steady humping all that stuff round
Moyra, hoping you are recovering well from your surgery
Lynn, hope the car is what you want...i am sure Dillon will be fine!!
Mandy, hope you have a good day at work. How are things with Lauryn now and that awful so called friend who upset her?
I am doing o.k, i really do miss Steve, despite everything he did make me very happy (when he wasn't being a div) and i miss talking to him, i used to spend about an hour on the phone to him everyday, i have got myself booked in for my tattoo, i only allow one man to work on me now and i need to wait 3 weeks for him...so 19 august i will be getting my new inking....unless martin gets a cancellation in the meantime, in which case i will be in like a shot
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Very dull and overcast here, we had a bit of rain whilst out, but it passed over quickly. Alun up his ladder (there are 3 of them dotted about) pointing away, made him a butty and a brew a while ago. He's partitioned off half the yard today, so girls are all squashed up, they are being good though and putting up with it. Once Alun's finished the pointing we're going to plan the new kennel, I know he's on holiday at some point in August, hoping he wants the money for spends so he'll do it ASAP. Still in the middle of his conservatory though, although it now has a roof and windows from what he's said, so maybe he'll not be in such a rush now he's weatherproofed it.
I've taken painkillers with my butty and cup of tea, hoping it helps the back a little.
I think Zen seemed to be limping again this morning, but it seemed OK a while later, so maybe stiffness. I let her roll and have a bit of a play in the grass today, she's still a bit sensitive around her flanks and tail area, but did get a few of the longer matts out, just keep plugging away at it till she is pristine.
Lynn, I'm sure everything will be fine, but I would be worried as well, so I understand exactly where you are coming from. Hoping the Astra is what you want, although I think it may be a little too small for Dillon, the Peugeot's I see driving about look to be the biggest unless its a Volvo of course.
Griff, it would be so much worse if you had been seeing each other longer, and you never know, if he's at last talking to someone it may come right. Whats for you won't pass you by.
Have a nice walk Mandy, hoping the rain misses you, I think its more this end than your area.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Let's hope Alun wants holiday money lol. Awww bless Zen, she is a good girl
I have no idea if he will actually go through with talking to somebody or not, he has deleted my numbers I think too so I am certain of where I stand
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Alun finished pointing and we have gone through the ideas for the new kennel and he's done a rough sketch, taken measurements. So he's now going to price materials for me and then let me have an idea of price. As I didn't use my card for the car, I'm thinking of buying the materials with that, then paying him cash for doing the job as that way I can make it happen sooner. He's not going to be able to start till after he's been on holiday as the conservatory will be ready to start on again before his holidays. We've agreed he'll make a start on it when he comes back from holidays subject to dry weather of course.
Whilst I've got stuff shifted in the yard, I'll make a start on painting the wall, I've got masonary paint, if its dry tomorrow I'll do the half I can get to easily, the other half I'll do when he takes the old kennel down.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone. Wasted trip the first Astra not sure why just didn't get a good feeling about it so we walked away stopped to see the second one on the way home nice car for the price but when we put the back seats down there is a small step off them out of the side door. Similar problem to the mazda back seats when down just not as high. Plenty of room though June.
We then diverted to peterborough on the way back to look at a citroen xsara estate but the front headlight glass on one had one with mist on the second one both so didn't even bother going any further with those.
Dillon has been fine in the garden most of the day and following Mark about a bit. Happy to see us and had his tea.

Glad tattooes are booked and kennels.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Oooooo what you going to call the new kennel block??? it needs a name for sure Lol
Lynn, i think if your feeling isn't right with the car then wise to walk away...my dad is a div when it comes to car shopping, he just sees shiny shiny and wants Lol...i am generally there to slam the brakes on. Good Dillon has had a nice day following Mark around
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >