Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 09:37 AM

High Five for Bella!

She did me proud at the vets - we've not long returned.

Apart from trying to drag me into the dual carriageway so she didn't have to go inside - and leaving aside the fact that she whipped round snarling and tried to bite him as soon as she was placed on the table I mentioned the muzzle (but he laughed and said in his lovely lisping Greek tone 'she is only trying to DEFEND herself') bless him.

I asked him to do the claws first but he insisted he would do them last as he wanted her calm for the jab. Then he did his usual really thorough checkover on her - thermometer up the bum, listen to her heart, good peer down into her ears and turning her eyelids over to check her eyes out. She passed with flying colours! As usual he did the injection without her even noticing. She never does, doesn't even turn to look. I have her looking at me and he just approaches from behind and does the deed.

Then (UNBELIEVABLY) he got the clippers and lifted each paw in turn and clipped the lot - dew claws too. Then beamed and said how good she was and 'no blood' (not sure if he meant from her claws or his hands!)

I took the worm pill with me to administer powdered and mixed in butter (will do that tomorrow).

She went on the scales and I was right in my estimation of how much weight she'd gained - half a kg. Obviously the 'diet' I've got her on - no extra treats and no human food AT ALL is not exactly working miracles. I think I might have to cut out the raw chicken. I know if I ever cook it by boiling, the amount of fat that comes out amazes me.

He said not to worry at all that he didn't think the extra weight was a problem and she was fine. But I'd like to see her a bit leaner. Back to 4.5kg would be fine. I did ask him about diet and he laughed and said CUCUMBER - that's not fattening!

He lavished the usual amount of praise on her and said it will be fun next week with the squirt up the nostrils for the KC! She has vamoosed to the bedroom since we returned - as he said 'these dogs are loners' - I put it that she is very 'independent' and not a bit clingy.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Well done Bella, just a couple of squirts to go don't try to go for a dance in the traffic next time though
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Well done Bella, just a couple of squirts and you are all done don't try to go for a dance in the traffic next time though
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Wow Well done Bella.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Bless her what a good girl she was My two aren't exactly keen on their nails being clipped but needs must

What a proud Mum you must be of her
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 12:17 PM
What a lovely vet he sounds, I love the way he explained she was only trying to defend herself there and he's right of course, must remember that next time I'm at the vets with Zena, I shall inform him of that one!

Well done Bella, it's so tough being a dog, I expect you're getting over all the stress of this morning relaxing on your daybed
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Good girl Bella Vet sounded great.Little bit of nail polish now, she'll be sorted!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh Bella, you were such a very good girl this morning! xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Little update - glad I didn't give her the worming pill when we got back - while I was at the pool she took herself into the bathroom to be sick. Just strong yellow bile stuff but could have contained the worming pill too if I'd given it to her.

She is just FINE now and wouldn't stop asking for food - I've taken pity on her as she must be feeling 'empty' diet can start again tomorrow!

She had a little mad zoomies when the neighbours called then sat centre stage looking very appealing (you know head hung off the edge of the seat and the eyes looking up!) so everyone could 'admire her' but now they've left she has gone back to bed!

I'm so pleased he trimmed all her nails. He usually says they don't need it but the two middle ones on both front paws were too long. (He must have been on a self assertiveness course since we last saw him!) He was very 'masterful' and in control and she didn't even TRY to wriggle away.

Best of all - don't want to make you all GREEN with envy but ....

Full physical check up
Boosters
Worming Pill
Nail Clipping

Cost €22!

Won't actually hurt to leave the worming pill for another day or so - give her tummy a chance to settle.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Green? Of course I am not envious...

...but I am a very good liar!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >