View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Lynn - what a lot of choices! Are you going to see them all?

Thanks for the good wishes for Loki. I dunno. We can't seem to get things right for him, fit-wise. He's doing fine though, he's been happy outside in the garden while the children have been sliding into a little pool and he enjoyed being squirted with the pump action water squirter that my brother 'kindly' gave Carys. Brothers!

It's a lovely day here - I hope you are all having good weather.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 03:58 PM
You do your best Linda. I think we are going to try to see them all as we like them all.
the last link though we have fallen in love with from the write up and pictures plus Gorden has just done a satellite view and there is a shop called the beers of Europe up the road.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You do your best Linda. I think we are going to try to see them all as we like them all.
the last link though we have fallen in love with from the write up and pictures plus Gorden has just done a satellite view and there is a shop called the beers of Europe up the road.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 04:03 PM
ooooh it is nice Lynn. The Beers of Europe seems to have clinched it
That google satellite is either good or bad depending on when the piccie was taken, I can't tell you how relieved I was to see that the one of my house was taken in summer when all my garden looked lovely, so mustn't have been last summer then or in the ensuing months when it looked like a branch of the local tip.
The bungalow could be worth putting a dormer and extension on and then selling, loads of potential in that one and then there'd be more money in the kitty
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks Lynn.

'Beers of Europe' - sounds ideal!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 04:09 PM
My eldest brother doesn't live far from there.

Oooh June I think if this all goes well and we move we won't want to do it again.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Lol you must get that one. Even the road has been named after you - not many people can say that.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Arrived safe and so far so good, people seem nice , have an ensuite yay!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Lucky Star - just wanted to say sending my commiserations for your poor dog and you having to care for him through it all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm strangely more attracted to looking at Lynn's possible houses than I am to doing some work this evening? hmmm..

I love this garden
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-37220707.html

I love it just as it is too - I am not a 'manicured garden' person. And one of my big disappointments about living here is I don't have what I imagined I would have - a traditional hovel with an enclosed garden with lemon and olive trees and broken paving and all that. I dreamed about sitting in it under the shade of the trees working on my lappy in the evenings.

Because as much as I would love a garden like that my hatred of COCKROACHES, SPIDERS, SNAKES and all the things that 'drop out of trees' here - poisonous caterpillars, zizzeri, huge locusts etc. my hatred of all those overtakes my LOVE for the garden!

At least in the UK it was only snails, slugs, spiders, seagulls, hedgehogs and the occasional rodent. And spiders were the only ones I couldn't really abide!

So although I never ever imagined I could EVER live in a 'flat' after owning so many of my own homes (all but one of them ancient old buildings) I am now very happy to do so and have to admit (and not grudgingly) that the reduction in housework, general maintenance and slog in the garden to keep it under control is most welcome. I now wish I had back all the backbreaking years I spent on that in the UK!
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »