Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 06:33 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

Well, what a night! Dave in bed with his migraine from the time he walked in the door. Then I was awoken at 2 am by a strange noise, it was poor Zena aspirating I flew out of bed, put the lights on and there she was in the hallway, having chucked up a horrendous amount of water and half digested food Poor girl couldn't breathe, I didn't know what to do, I tried rubbing her throat, holding her head out forward, her neck had gone into spasm it was rock hard. I know about pinching the end of the nose with that reverse sneezing, but this was different she was fighting for breath, and I felt so helpless.

I decided the best thing was to just comfort her and let her try and get over it herself, which she did, with a bit of coughing at the end, then she licked me profusely (yuk!), and I offered her water which she drank. I know what happened, she drank far too much water too quickly, cos this is what happens to her when she does, but I can cope with the sickness, but this aspirating is horrendous, and then I have the worry of aspiration pneumonia (you can tell I've spent lots of time on Google over this!). She's fine now.

There I was, making my dog scrambled egg at 2.30 am, that's not normal is it!!! This is because, I got back into bed, she went to bed, and then I laid there worrying about her and her empty stomach and her acid problems, so got up again to cook because I didn't have anything soft and gentle to give her. Could have opened a tin of pilchards in hindsight, but hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Hey ho, 2 vans to do a change-over with today, Zena to walk, the accountant coming round again at 5pm tonight along with the carpenter who's coming at 6 to look at the door fitting.

Harvey, still thinking of you and hoping as each day passes you find yourself being able to cope a bit better.xxx

Lynn, good luck with those people who want to buy your house, I just can't wait, I'm so excited for you and the thought that you could be moving to your dream house somewhere.

Jen, Have a fab day today and a Happy Birthday to Brian.xxx

Jenny, Hope the wedding was a fab do and that you had a great time yesterday, we sure did miss you on here.

Moyra, hope your back is bearable today and that you're not feeling down, maybe Steve is back home with you now.

Sorry, but I haven't caught up on last night's events, so can't remember who else needs a mention

Have a great week-end everyone, and of course, I won't be around much cos of Dave.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning Helena. Poor Dave and Zena I have everything crossed they are both well this morning.
You have a very busy day ahead of you might you find time for a nanny nap ? Because it sounds like you are going to need one.

I was ill this morning early hours thought it was the wine but I didn't drink much. I had this really awful hot clammy feeling come over me. Managed to get back to sleep later feeling ok but not 100% and the back of my throat feel all swollen.
The couple are coming at 4pm to view they will have been to the bank the appointment is 1pm and they are hoping they will have a rough idea if they will get a mortgage.

I hope everyone whose feeling poorly feels better soon 4 legged friends included.
Catch you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning H and all,
What an awful night you have had H, What zena was doing is what Lily does reguarly. It is scary to see especially when their throat goes so rigid and the adams apple is shooting up and down in spasm. I found rubbing the throat does not help, i always when she gets a break start her on her antacids as I think its the acid build up that starts it. Lily had it last week after eating lots of biscuits she wouldn't normally have. The next day they had caused her tummy to get acidy.

Lily and I are working today at the Colchester food and drink festival on the greyhound homer stand all day. I hope it doesn't get as hot as forecast out there as these hounds cannot take the heat they don't seem to regualte their body tempreture very well.

Lynn i have probably missed your update after talking to Gordon, but what did you decide about selling your house to those people who wanted it.?

Hope Dave feels better today H

Jenny hope the wedding went well yesterday.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Bev good luck with the stand today.
Its not hot here.

The couple whose parents (the boy) live 8 doors away are coming to view at 4pm today. They should know by then f they might get a mortgage or not.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

I haven't had time to read through any of yesterday's thread but will catch up later. Helena - I'm so sorry about Zena - poor thing and how frightening when she's fighting for breath . I bet she enjoyed those scrambled eggs and although perhaps its not normal to be doing that at 2am ..... I'd do exactly the same thing . I hope she continues to be fine this morning and that Dave's migraine has gone.
Lynn - You poor thing being unwell last night .... it could have been some unusually acidic wine Hopefully you are feeling OK this morning although I'd be surprised 'cos being 'ick really isn't nice and can leave your tummy so tender. ((hugs)). I hope today goes well with the people viewing your house ..... isn't it strange after all the time on the market this now happens.
Bev - I hope you enjoy your day with Lily at the Colchester food and drink festival and the weather is kind to you.
Nippy - Enjoy the party

The whole day yesterday was fantastic although very long. We left here around 10.30am and didn't back here afterwards until well after 1.00 this morning. My son took the day off work to be with the dogs and he walked them twice etc etc. I did pop back in for 40 mins to change and put more comfortable shoes on between the reception and evening do but the dogs were ridiculous and cried and clung to me for about 20 minutes of that time I then had to go off again and leave them but my son said he'd hang on and leave after me. All was fine until we then came home for good and I have never heard such a cacophony of hysterical noises. To cut a long story short they would not settle in the kitchen last night and for the first time ever learnt that they could howl like a wolf This noise went on for about an hour. After my OH coming in to settle them (and letting them out of the kitchen to see me
) finally at 3 this morning I decamped and slept on the settee in the kitchen. The dogs crashed out almost immediately but not me ...... I think I finally fell asleep at around 4.30 So my top priority today is get some more sleep after I've walked the dogs as we are out at another party tonight

See you all later and I hope all of your are well and the dogs too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2013, 07:28 AM

Poor Zena and poor you Nechda - I know only too well what it is like being woken by a wubble making strange noises. I hope she will be OK today - also hope that Dave's migraine has gone by now and he feels a bit better.

Lynn - Sorry to read that you also had a yucky night - do you think it is possibly from tension wondering about this afternoon's viewing? I wish you better and good luck for this afternoon!

Bev - Fingers crossed that the forecast is wrong and that Lily does not get over-heated.

Well - true to form Da Booga started the pacing, whining and nagging yesterday evening around 9pm so instead of trying to sit it out or ignore it, which is impossible when she starts the gimmee barks [yet another type of bark - almost a sharp screech] especially with people doing the Shabbat evening stroll going past, I gave her a calming pill and she settled fairly quickly. Much better than letting her get to the stage where she is so worked up that nothing will help, and hopefully she will be back to normal in another couple of days.

Harvey - you and Alena are still in my thoughts. xx

jenny - looking forward to hearing all about the wedding!

Jenny - enjoy today and Happy Birthday Brian!

Hope all bad backs, hips, knees - well everything really, are not so bad today.

Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Helena morning all
Sorry to hear of icky people and doglets hope they recover soon
Dull and overcast here hopefully the sun will shine later
The gang all walked and feed
Work later
Big sheep shearing comp on today might take a toddle over ,not that I can get too excited over sheep ,a wee shandy in the beer tent might go down rather well
Dance on after so expect a rowdy night
Hope everything goes well for everyone today ,house viewings ,party's
Have a good day everyone
Take care stay safe
Huge hugs to anyone that needs them xxxx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Morning all. Dull & dreary here today Hope it doesn't rain as I've got a load of washing in.
Hope Daves migraine is better his morning Helena.
Good luck with the house viewing Lynn. I think it is probably excitement & stress causing you to be icky Lynn.
What a night for you as well jenny. Hope you can. Catch up with a nanny nap later - you'll need a long one if you're out again tonight. It's all or nothing with your social life isn it.
Enjoy your sheep shearing Norma. Or rather a shandy in the beer tent.
Glad Pereg gave you a decent night eventually Malka.
Not much on today. Just got to trail down to the sorting office again to pick up the flowers? that came yesterday. Hope they are not dead yet
Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

Helena Sorry that Zena gave you both a bad night poor lass. Yes, Steve is home but going again probably tomorrow afternoon. Hope Dave's migraine is better.

Lynn Sorry you were not well during the night, hope you feel a bit better now, could be anxiety about this afternoon and the viewing, hope it all goes well and the couple have a promise of a mortgage on them.

jenny So sorry to hear about your friend, how awful. I am not sure about this not wanting her to wake up as my nephew has been in a coma now for three years last May since he had a motor car accident in Spain. I wouldn't wish that on anyone to stay in a coma like that. They say that her Cancer is terminal then I would think she would prefer to wake up and fight it and at least get a chance to say goodbye to her family. Either way it is a very sad situation and my heart goes out to you and her family.

Malka I hope Pereg wasn't too bad last night.

Bev Good luck with the Colchester festival, hope it all goes well for you and Lily.

Everyone else have a good weekend, God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2013, 08:23 AM

I'm rushing around like a maniac already this morning, I've just written a reply mentioning H, Lynn, Malka and others then my phone rang and I lost the lot. Dunno what I do but I can't retrieve it. Sorry I'm not going through it all again!
Lots to do today, Might be back between preparations and Nanny naps
Have a good day all.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »