Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning all,
It's a lovely morning here so apart from hay fever hopefully it stays nice
The dress for my sons graduation came and hurray it fits and looks good too, it has my 14 yr old daughters approval so must look good
Am off to take Rosie out as soon as daughter has gone to school, then off to a friends for a catch up and cuppa,
Hope you all have a good day and those that are not well feel better soon xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Good morning all,
It's a lovely morning here so apart from hay fever hopefully it stays nice
The dress for my sons graduation came and hurray it fits and looks good too, it has my 14 yr old daughters approval so must look good
Am off to take Rosie out as soon as daughter has gone to school, then off to a friends for a catch up and cuppa,
Hope you all have a good day and those that are not well feel better soon xx
Morning Mandy - you do realise a lot of us here will be very ENVIOUS that you seem to have had NO problems finding a nice dress that suits and fits for a special occasion?

Must look really good if your 14 yr old understudy approves!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Bev, Moyra, Gerri, Pat, Mandy and everyone else again

Had a lovely walk, a little spaniel raced over and nicked Zena's ball and ran off with it, but the owner managed to get it back after 5 mins! At least her dogs were friendly, so I didn't mind.

Blimey it's so hot out there already I've filled Zena's paddling pool and in she goes, scrabble scrabble scrabble and now she's soaked right through all ready for when she's had breakfast and will retire to MY bed whilst I go out!!

My thoughts are with poor Harvey today

Bev, well done on the greyhound figures, quite an achievement.

Pat, I'll check out some of that reading material for Dave then, you would have thought I would be enough to cheer him up and I'm thankful that there's still one person in this world that he can suffer gladly (moi!). Hope your toe is better today and don't go doing anything else silly will ya!

Moyra, I hope you're a bit more on the "up" today after yesterday and the way you felt.

Gerri, don't go overdoing it with all those to do jobs again today, it's too hot.

Off to sort myself out now, Zena's sitting up in the "circle" up the top, all curled up in it, cos the slabs are in the shade up there, she's such a sensible girlie. She's got one beady eye out for that cat though along with my call for brekkie when it's time.

I'm gonna buy myself some new jim jams in Asda this morning, I love their jim jams, so comfy. See, all you people hunting for dresses and here I am with a wardrobe full of gorgeous dresses and heels, but nowhere to go in them You ought to come round to mine and have a rummage

Boiled gammon for lunch which will be thrown in the slow cooker before I go out, with jersey new potatoes, and green beans, mmm, mmm, mmmmmm

See you all later then...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Helena - I had you in mind when I suggested reading up on it! Only because his behaviour does seem to be bothering you and I sort of 'know' you but I don't know him lol!

I'm not as 'good' as you - if somebody wants to be that miserable I'd be inclined to let them be - unfortunately it seems to be very true that 'misery likes company' and they do like to project it onto others!

However - on a more serious note - I also realise that it isn't any good ONE of the two people in a relationship being 'happy' if the other isn't. And I don't believe just ONE person in a relationship can be truly happy if the other person isn't either. But it's more likely to be a man who will express surprise or even horror to hear that his partner is very unhappy and say that he thought they were and didn't have a clue there was a problem. In the main women are more likely to pick up on the moods of others than men are. IMHO.

When my last ex had been working away for some 3 yrs or so and only home weekends it changed from me really looking forward to him getting back to us to me really sort of 'dreading it' lol! I know I sound horrible! I'd see him coming up the back path and think 'oh here comes mr grumpy' lol! It was this realisation that I no longer looked forward to him coming home and in fact dreaded any change that might mean he'd be back for good that spurred me into action to do something about it. Even though he didn't think it was a good idea at all - as I explained to him - his role in the relationship was being reduced more and more to just 'a paypacket'.

But you two did sound as if you were getting stuck in together on quite a few projects recently and, if not exactly 'working it all out' finding a bit of peace and harmony together (it's sometimes pointless dissecting everything and trying to pin point the exact problem anyway - it works or it doesn't is my view) I am definitely not someone who believes in or would ever agree to 'counselling' - if it's got to that stage it's no longer a 'goer' for me.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Wall to wall sunshine here again....but for how long
Bev you got a bargain there, we need to see some pics
Morning Gerry and Moyra
Morning Tang I missed that about your toe,but glad its better. I will go and catch up in a mo.
Morning Mandy glad you are having luck with your dress!

Well my dress saga has taken a new turn. My neighbour bless her who knows the story has just come in . She thought she would catch me before I go shopping. She brought two lovely skirts and I was welcome to borrow either of them Now bare in mind I am 5ft 7" and she is 5ft 2" Well what could I do but say thank you very much I will try them on!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Wall to wall sunshine here again....but for how long
Bev you got a bargain there, we need to see some pics
Morning Gerry and Moyra
Morning Tang I missed that about your toe,but glad its better. I will go and catch up in a mo.
Morning Mandy glad you are having luck with your dress!

Well my dress saga has taken a new turn. My neighbour bless her who knows the story has just come in . She thought she would catch me before I go shopping. She brought two lovely skirts and I was welcome to borrow either of them Now bare in mind I am 5ft 7" and she is 5ft 2" Well what could I do but say thank you very much I will try them on!
Bless her heart! Same thing happened here - my lovely neighbour Lorna (who is like a little Xmas pudding on legs!) brought me down a dress - with matching fringed stole all floaty chiffon and abstract floral design saying it would fit any size because it had been 'cut on the cross'.

My first thought when I saw it was Charleston Flapper!

I kept it here for a week or so thanking her and then gave it back saying I'd decided that the weather was far too unpredictable in the UK in July for me to wear something as thin as that and that I'd have problems finding a jacket or whatever to go with it!

Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning Mandy - you do realise a lot of us here will be very ENVIOUS that you seem to have had NO problems finding a nice dress that suits and fits for a special occasion?

Must look really good if your 14 yr old understudy approves!
I can tell you that I was very shocked that I found a dress especially that I don't normally 'do' dresses and the fit surprised me even more because I'm 5ft 2&a bit and not a average size
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Oh no, it has all just been made worse!
We have had an invitation to my Great Niece's post transplant party. (do you remember the little one who had a kidney transplant?) What the heck do I wear to that?! and more importantly where do I get it?
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh no, it has all just been made worse!
We have had an invitation to my Great Niece's post transplant party. (do you remember the little one who had a kidney transplant?) What the heck do I wear to that?! and more importantly where do I get it?
Brilliant idea for a party but unless its a casual BBQ I don't know
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Morning everyone

Is everyone on Dogsey looking for a dress?

Malka - I hope you and Pereg had some respite last night.

Harvey - I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Baruska.

Loki was in another mad mood this morning. He's very strong when he's in a stubborn mood and I had to physically remove him from the path of another dog - he was rooted to the spot! We both got covered in pollen in the fields - it came off him in a big cloud when he was brushed.

He's coming up to 4 weeks fit free so I'm kind of anticipating some fits. I hope I'm wrong.

Carys is back to school today although she's down on sleep and I'd have preferred her to stay home. She doesn't like to miss school, which is a good thing.

Have a good day everyone.
x
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »