View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 06:13 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Good morning all.
Its a funny colour out there so I think we may be in for some rain today. after that lovely warm sunny day yesterday. I do hope July is going to be better for the weather.

On the agenda for me today is finding a slot for shopping home delivery today I really don't want to turn out if I don't have too. Feed and walk Dillon quick hoover downstairs did upstairs yesterday then feet up and catchup tv.
I did get a better nights sleep last night except Dillon needed a wee at 3.30 but he did come back in quickly and back to bed so I was able to go back to bed too.

I have skimmed through last nights posts after logging off so hope I manage to mention everyone who need a mention.
Here goes.

jenny I hope you had a better nights sleep too and I have seen the photo of your sons windscreen. He was very lucky. It must of been a shock for him when it hit. Fingers crossed he gets the job.
Malka I hope you and Pereg got a restful night.
Pat I bet the toe throbbed when you dragged the sun bed over it I hope its feeling better today.
June I hope the weather stays nice for your walk.
Sally I am sure there was something I should be mentioning but its slipped my mind so I'm thinking of you anyway.
Helena I hope you enjoyed your chat last night and keep enjoying your you and Zena week.
Lorraine I think you need some (((hugs))).
Bev I hope Lily is better today and that your dress hunt with Charly went successfully. Need any matchsticks yet ?
Jackie I hope all is well with Millie we haven't seen you around for few days.
Chris hope everything is ok with you too as we haven't seen you either.

I think that's it though I am sure I have missed some so I am thinking of you even if you are not mentioned.

Have a safe and enjoyable Wednesday. Catch up soon.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

A dull morning here too but the forecast is still saying a high of 23 degrees Quite a lot to catch-up on today having 'wasted' so much time over the past week shopping Although I do need to pop in to M&S for a few weeny things to go with outfit I've decided on.

Lynn - Good luck with your shopping 'slot' and I hope you really do get time to put your feet up and catch-up later Enjoy your walk.

I hope any poorly people and dogs are feeling better today. Malka I hope you had a better night sleep and Pereg has remained settled.

See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

You're up early this morning, I've managed to get in here before I get off on my walk. It's going to be sunny today Lynn, this cloud should go, it's trying hard here anyway.

You saying about Dillon getting you up at 3.30 for a wee, it's very strange, but since we moved here, Zena has never once got us up during the night, when at the old house, Dave was always letting her out at some silly hour in the night. Methinks she used to wind him up though Good job too really that she doesn't do it here, cos of the badgers

Had a lovely chat with a friend last night, after chatting with Dave who seemed so down, she managed to lift me back up again.

Just thinking about getting washed and dressed to take Zena out now, and then I might pop over to Asda and see if they've got any new plants outside cos it was a Wednesday when I went and got those lovely little trees.

Hope everyone is good today, I haven't read back on last night's thread, just skipped through, and sorry to hear you're going through a bad time there Lorraine with your o/h, but don't do anything drastic, I'm sure it can be sorted.

Hope you're catching up on sleep now Malka, and that little Pereg is back to normal now.

Jen, Jenny and Lynne, if you're off out again hunting for that special dress, I do hope today is the day for it

Pat, hope your toe isn't giving you grief this morning, maybe you slept with it dunked in a mug of iced water? You do some stoopid things at times don'tcha, but then so do I!

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll pop back in lunchtime

ETA: Morning Jenny, you snuck in whilst I was typing - I bet you go into the dress department whilst you're in M&S today, so good luck!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post

A dull morning here too but the forecast is still saying a high of 23 degrees Quite a lot to catch-up on today having 'wasted' so much time over the past week shopping Although I do need to pop in to M&S for a few weeny things to go with outfit I've decided on.

Lynn - Good luck with your shopping 'slot' and I hope you really do get time to put your feet up and catch-up later Enjoy your walk.

I hope any poorly people and dogs are feeling better today. Malka I hope you had a better night sleep and Pereg has remained settled.

See you all later.
Morning jenny I bet you see that dress today even though you have the nice trousers and that jacket that sounds lovely.
See you later

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

You're up early this morning, I've managed to get in here before I get off on my walk. It's going to be sunny today Lynn, this cloud should go, it's trying hard here anyway.

You saying about Dillon getting you up at 3.30 for a wee, it's very strange, but since we moved here, Zena has never once got us up during the night, when at the old house, Dave was always letting her out at some silly hour in the night. Methinks she used to wind him up though Good job too really that she doesn't do it here, cos of the badgers

Had a lovely chat with a friend last night, after chatting with Dave who seemed so down, she managed to lift me back up again.

Just thinking about getting washed and dressed to take Zena out now, and then I might pop over to Asda and see if they've got any new plants outside cos it was a Wednesday when I went and got those lovely little trees.

Hope everyone is good today, I haven't read back on last night's thread, just skipped through, and sorry to hear you're going through a bad time there Lorraine with your o/h, but don't do anything drastic, I'm sure it can be sorted.

Hope you're catching up on sleep now Malka, and that little Pereg is back to normal now.

Jen, Jenny and Lynne, if you're off out again hunting for that special dress, I do hope today is the day for it

Pat, hope your toe isn't giving you grief this morning, maybe you slept with it dunked in a mug of iced water? You do some stoopid things at times don'tcha, but then so do I!

ETA: Morning Jenny, you snuck in whilst I was typing - I bet you go into the dress department whilst you're in M&S today, so good luck!!
Morning Helena made it today before you left.
I'm glad your friend cheered you up.
I need to move then and maybe Dillon won't get me up. It is only once in a blue moon now so I shouldn't complain. Luckily we have no badgers that come near our garden I dare say there are some about though. We get the cats winding him up.
I hope you find some bargains at Asda.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I don't know about matchsticks Lynn, I think I need planks. I really am very very tired. Perhaps we could swap days today .

The dress shopping went better than I hoped. Went in Laura Ashley as they had a big sale on and everything looked awful on me. Went in 2 other shops and the same. Went to M&S two lovely dresses made me look like a beached whale, then I spotted this lovely skirt and matching top, tried it on and it was so comfy and looked lovely and better still they were only £17.50 each. .

Lily seems much better now so is going back onto her normal food and I have stopped the antacids.

Malka i hope pereg had a peaceful night and you have been able to catch up on some sleep.

(((hugs))) to Harvey

Hope everyone else is ok. Enjoy your day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny G, H and all

It's sunny here atm. I am off to Farnham today to continue with the wallpaper hanging, it's taking longer than expected due to having to take cousin to the dentist twice.

I had an interesting trip to the dr's, blood tests booked on my return from holiday (can't wait), it could well be anaemia, same sort of symptoms as thyroid. I would like to have my energy back but I would be happy for the surplus hair to stay away!

I still haven't finished the leylandii, didn't get the tower moved until 3.30.

I decided to take my macbook in for repair, only went wrong 3 years ago, I had to pay labour up front, £120 to replace the cable that connects the screen to the keyboard, parts are extra. I ended up buying another pretty top and a cardigan to go with it, I have turned into a serial top purchaser!

I hope Pereg and Malka are both feeling better today along with any other poorly people and dogs.

Have a good day all
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Bev

Glad you found something you like. I know the feeling when you look into those huge mirrors and face the reality!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Good morning everyone, Nobody was here when I went to catch up on the last 8 pages of yesterday and then I come back and you have all beaten me to it. This dress saga is getting beyond a joke and so frustrating. I am the same haven't worn a dress in years. Did have a couple of tiered denim skirts but I even ditched them. So now it is velvet trousers in about four different colours and 4 pairs in black. Lots and lots of tops to match the colour of the trousers. When there was some hope of a real summer I did buy some white t shirts and a beautiful white lace top and white trousers to go with it but the chances of wearing them now are floating by.

Jenny I saw the state of your son's car he was so lucky not to have got hurt and it was good that he managed to wave the driver of the lorry down and sort the replacement windscreen.

Lynn Hope you get your grocery slot ok. I have Tesco's delivering this morning trying to restock the food Steve came home for and went again. He'll probably come back tomorrow and restock again and go back to the lake.

Helena Sorry that Dave is so down, good job your friend lifted you back up again.

Bev Saw a lady from across the road to me, forget her name she has two rescued greyhounds ones a lovely blue, named blue. I asked her if she had got involved in the walk over the weekend and she unfortunately not. I said well I gather it was well turned out. So have you got the final figures now. A tremendous effort.

Malka Do hope you and Pereg managed a good night last night. Take care.

Tang, Hope your toe feels better today.

That's it my brain has run out of RAM worse than a computer. Have a good day everyone. God bless.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Bev Saw a lady from across the road to me, forget her name she has two rescued greyhounds ones a lovely blue, named blue. I asked her if she had got involved in the walk over the weekend and she unfortunately not. I said well I gather it was well turned out. So have you got the final figures now. A tremendous effort.
Final figures are
Greyhounds,- 2638
Others - 117

We will be doing it again next year so you will have to tell the lady to bring hers if she can.
We are also organising another greyhound walk for October.
Please give those gorgeous greys a hug from me next time you see them.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Lynn and all who have logged in so far.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good morning all.
Its a funny colour out there so I think we may be in for some rain today. after that lovely warm sunny day yesterday. I do hope July is going to be better for the weather.

On the agenda for me today is finding a slot for shopping home delivery today I really don't want to turn out if I don't have too. Feed and walk Dillon quick hoover downstairs did upstairs yesterday then feet up and catchup tv.

I did get a better nights sleep last night except Dillon needed a wee at 3.30 but he did come back in quickly and back to bed so I was able to go back to bed too.

I have skimmed through last nights posts after logging off so hope I manage to mention everyone who need a mention.
Here goes.

jenny I hope you had a better nights sleep too and I have seen the photo of your sons windscreen. He was very lucky. It must of been a shock for him when it hit. Fingers crossed he gets the job.
Malka I hope you and Pereg got a restful night.
Pat I bet the toe throbbed when you dragged the sun bed over it I hope its feeling better today.
June I hope the weather stays nice for your walk.
Sally I am sure there was something I should be mentioning but its slipped my mind so I'm thinking of you anyway.
Helena I hope you enjoyed your chat last night and keep enjoying your you and Zena week.
Lorraine I think you need some (((hugs))).
Bev I hope Lily is better today and that your dress hunt with Charly went successfully. Need any matchsticks yet ?
Jackie I hope all is well with Millie we haven't seen you around for few days.
Chris hope everything is ok with you too as we haven't seen you either.

I think that's it though I am sure I have missed some so I am thinking of you even if you are not mentioned.

Have a safe and enjoyable Wednesday. Catch up soon.
My toe seems OK today. Just a bit red - pleased about that (with my history of toe injuries just before I leave for UK - kids will think I did it on purpose so I could wear flip flops lol!)

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post

See you all later.
Oh Jenny I was pottering (perhaps more like staggering?) about the lake this morning thinking about that dress in M&S! I was so hot I was thinking 'suppose this 3 quarter sleeve one I've bought will be too hot? Of course in reality the chances of it being that hot late in July in UK is a bit remote going by the past couple of years. I sort of decided to pack the 'other' (more summery) possibility that I already own in case it is a scorcher! Or at least to change into in the evening? I hate all this shopping for clothes stuff - I've probly spent more on swimsuits in the last 6yrs than on other clobber.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Funny this stuff about dogs behaviour changing when you move - Bella used to be up at the crack of dawn every day in the old flat. Usually before 6am. Since I moved here she is happy to lie in until at least 8am and sometimes later? More and more I am geeing her up to get her out before it gets too hot.

At first I used to scour round the verandah to see if she'd peed out there, not believing she could go that long! I even started putting down a pup pad thing in the bathroom in case - (she likes those - she curls up on them waiting for me to pee or shower lol!) obv. doesn't have a clue what they are for and must like the smell or summat! She has a couple of times peed outside near my pots (something she never did in the old place) I've no problem with that as a bucket of water or even a jug dispatches it down the outside drain! Just odd that she gets up later now. And often our 'last pee break' will be as early as 9pm now - which means she goes 11 hrs or more. I'm even wondering if me taking her out more often before (4 times it is now 3) and making sure that she went out last thing - as late as midnight - might have made it so she NEEDED to go more often? And now she can 'hold it' longer?

Sorry to hear your OH has been 'down' it's hard when you feel responsible for another person's 'happiness' (unless of course you are responsible for them being unhappy in the first place! Then you can alter what you do to rectify it) Hard too if we are waiting or expecting others to behave in a way that makes us happy. I do belong to the school of thought that believe we can only rely on ourselves for our own happiness and if you expect others to make you happy, you'll always end up disappointed. There is quite a lot of reading matter available out there on the web on the subject of being responsible for your own happiness.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning jenny I bet you see that dress today even though you have the nice trousers and that jacket that sounds lovely. See you later.
Morning Helena made it today before you left.
I'm glad your friend cheered you up.
I need to move then and maybe Dillon won't get me up. It is only once in a blue moon now so I shouldn't complain. Luckily we have no badgers that come near our garden I dare say there are some about though. We get the cats winding him up.
I hope you find some bargains at Asda.
Well Lynn - if you move house and don't give Dillon the new address - that might work for making sure he can't wake you up lol! Not too sure just moving and taking him with you will - knowing your luck with this - he'd probably start wanting up and out MORE at the new address!

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
I don't know about matchsticks Lynn, I think I need planks. I really am very very tired. Perhaps we could swap days today
The dress shopping went better than I hoped. Went in Laura Ashley as they had a big sale on and everything looked awful on me. Went in 2 other shops and the same. Went to M&S two lovely dresses made me look like a beached whale, then I spotted this lovely skirt and matching top, tried it on and it was so comfy and looked lovely and better still they were only £17.50 each. .

Lily seems much better now so is going back onto her normal food and I have stopped the antacids.

Malka i hope pereg had a peaceful night and you have been able to catch up on some sleep.

(((hugs))) to Harvey

Hope everyone else is ok. Enjoy your day all.
WOW that was a bargain find in M&S! Well done! That's one grinding chore you can cross off the list now. Am glad to hear Lily is improving.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Bev
Glad you found something you like. I know the feeling when you look into those huge mirrors and face the reality!
Oh don't say that! I thought we'd all decided that the mirrors they use (in combination with their lighting) are not giving us a REAL reflection - and that we look much better really!

Back from the lake. The intrepid lizard hunter is becoming less intrepid with every deg. that the temperature rises. Now doing a few manic bursts to start off with and then spending more time hiding/waiting in the shade of the shrubs or under our bench hoping they will come to her!

When we got back here some idiot was parked blocking my space but fortunately sat in their car. There are 45 parking spaces here (only half of them in use) and about a dozen 'guest parking spaces' by the pool. WHY would any sane person choose the only bits not 'marked out' for parking and where it's obvious you are blocking off one that is? Assuming they might not speak English I delivered my complaint by car horn and gesticulations!

I gave Bella an extra long shower when we got back and it must have cooled her right down as she 'asked' for her froz wing as soon as she was dry instead of diving under my bed to rest up on the cool tiles. She is eating it as I type.

When I am suffiently dry enough to peel off the dog walking clobber I think I should hit the shops for half an hour. I still haven't been to any apart from my minimart for canned coffee and odds and sods. And it's half day today.

But it is tempting to head straight for the pool and I haven't decided yet! If I combine both I can't buy anything that needs to go in the fridge as I don't like to leave Bella and then duck back in and leave her again right away. Leave the shopping in the car and bring it up when I leave the pool. Oh shops will still be open tomorrow ... mebbe scrub them out again today!

I've got some boring fiddly work to do at some stage today. Put it off last night. Seemed to get a succession of visitors yesterday for one thing or another - what with staying at the pool so long I didn't get an uninterrupted hour or two to apply myself to work then decided I'd rather much about on the web than work as it was quite late!

Self employment and being able to choose your own hours has advantages but does require a degree of 'self control' that I seem to be sadly lacking in these days!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »