View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Good afternoon. I only came up because Moneth's little boy was down there with some friend of hers who was babysitting him while Moneth does some of her 'moonlighting' and he was throwing a noisy tantrum just screaming and repeating 'spiti mou' over and over (means he wanted to go home to his hot stuffy flat!

However I'd had a few hours in perfect peace almost dozed off on the inflatable. Shoulder feels OK too. I will go back down as moral support for Joanna (recovering from hip op) at about 6.30 or 7pm.

Took Bella out to pee and she is now outside with a lamb bone and very happy she is too! Managing to put off going shopping day after day!

So hot now you have to keep your flips on until you get to the ladder

My encampment and one of my spare tyres - I am permanently wearing another of them lol!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Rub it in , why don't ya!! Wish I was there
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone, really not with it today so very down. Steve came home from fishing and then packed another load of food up and went again this morning. Obviously his back is taking the strain. A friend phoned me this morning asking me to go for a lunch date with another couple of friends in Rayleigh but I just couldn't raise the enthusiasm. Maybe I am sickening for something I feel quite chilled. Think maybe a Nanny nap might be in order. Have a good day all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Sorry you're not feeling well Moyra Feet up and a wee rest xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

I hope your gut instinct is unfounded H, sounds worrying. It's sunny here BTW.

Just a very quick good morning as I am rushing around again. We had a busy weekend, worked all day Saturday, off to Breed Club show Sunday. We also had an AGM which started to go nasty (it was expected) but turned around and ended up being surprisingly ok. We lost some of our officers but have managed to sort things out where everyone is happy.

Taz won Best in Show and his sister was Reserve Best in Show. The entry was poor to be honest and the show had been deferred due to the snow in March, we were surprised to win and very happy!

I have a dr's appointment later, I suspect that I may have a thyroid problem (I did mention this a few years ago), I have gone from having a lot of hair to having hardly any, not that I am complaining, I quite like it but it isn't normal for me. Luckily the hair on my head hasn't suffered! I also sometimes get very tired.

I still have the leylandii to finish, my side is done but I need to go around to the neighbours side and chop that side down.

I hope Lily is feeling better Bev, good luck with finding a dress, it feels alien when you don't do dresses!

Sorry I have missed so much so can't comment too much.

Have a lovely day all.
Fantastic win and congratulations at the show.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morninggggg!!
Bev I know what you mean about not being a dress person, neither am I. It's hubby birthday Sat and we are having a special party (75) I cannot find anything suitable to wear, even on line. I have sent so much back. Today I have relented and I am waiting for the delivery of a linen skirt. If that is wrong then it is back to black trousers and jazzy top.

My Granddaughter got her BA yesterday So we are going to combine her celebrations with hubbys birthday.
I must get on, lots to do today especially making 2 cakes!!
Thanks for the special mention Norma You are forgiven now
Hope you all have a good day and enjoy the sunshine!
Congratulations to your grand-daughter too Jenny, I'm not a dress person either. Never had been and never will. I'm just looking for a floaty type top or summer coat.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My encampment and one of my spare tyres - I am permanently wearing another of them lol!
If only spare tyres were as easy to discard as that one I could certainly add a few to the pool. I hope your shoulder continues to get better.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Hello everyone, really not with it today so very down. Steve came home from fishing and then packed another load of food up and went again this morning. Obviously his back is taking the strain. A friend phoned me this morning asking me to go for a lunch date with another couple of friends in Rayleigh but I just couldn't raise the enthusiasm. Maybe I am sickening for something I feel quite chilled. Think maybe a Nanny nap might be in order. Have a good day all.
Moyra I'm so sorry to read this It's not like you to sound so down. Hopefully a good nap will suffice to you feeling more 'up' and that you aren't going down with something.

Helena - I don't blame you moving that money - you can't be too careful anymore. Has that chap made contact again? I'm glad you had a lovely Zena walk.

Lynn - With your chauffeuring duties over can you have a nice relaxing day - I hope so.

LS - I hope Carys is feeling better now.

Mini - Hopefully Hannah has woken from her snooze feeling happier and she isn't going down with something. Enjoy your afternoon.

Eileen - A lovely day here too and brillilant sunshine .... about time me thinks

Malka - I hope Pereg is OK and resting peacefully after her and your traumatic evening.

Norma - I hope today passes with ease and tomorrow arrives quickly for your freedom to start

I can't remember anything else .....

My son's interview went well (he thinks) and he'll hear tomorrow whether he has the job or not. It is with a huge company in a profession that he has never done nor had planned to do. It would be a complete change of direction for him but a change is as good as a rest they say.

My older son phoned me this morning to say he was on his way round here. He was driving up to work in the East End when a lorry he was following shed a small rock which bounced and landed on the top of his windscreen. How it didn't hit the bonnet, roof or boot as well I have no idea. Anyway he stopped the lorry and the driver was very apologetic etc. To cut a long story short, a man is here now fitting a new windscreen which is all paid for

I've traipsed around Guildford, Walton-0n-Thames and TK Maxx and have now given up with looking for an outfit for the wedding on Friday. I'll have to resort to black trousers and a lovely white silk chinese style coat with black embroidered flowers on - looks nice. I did buy a pair of shoes and I'm wearing them now with thick socks in the hope of making them wearable .... I rarely wear heals .... not many of us do walking dogs eh
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Jenny, the outfit you describe sounds lovely!!( comfortable too) Any weddings I' ve been to lately, guests all take flips flops in their bags for later,heels get ditched. Wish your son well with the job, and older son....oh lucky escape!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Lovely sunny day here and really warm. Am now back from the bone run and all bones bagged and in the freezers, although they have a nice selection of lamb ribs and necks for their tea tonight in a bag ready to dish out later.
Firstly,can I thank a Certain Person on here who has been a very Norty Person and sent me a massive box with fings in it. I only discovered it on my way out on the bone run so was very good and put it inside and didn't get waylaid like I wanted to be. If I had known it was there earlier (apparently is was delivered before 10 am but I was on here reading the threads so missed it) I would have unpacked it hours ago.
Have now Opened The Box and have got lovely beautiful flowers, a balloon and some chocolates, they may last till this evening but I doubt it.
So Thank You again - You Know Who You Are, and despite all the rubbish that is currently going on in your life you did this, thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena I have had a similar experience and I was a bit suspicious, so gave them the number of an account I don't use much and moved all the money into another account.
Nothing happened, they paid the money into the empty account, I left everything as it was for a few days, then took that money out and put it elsewhere and waited again,but nothing bad happened and the person was legit.
I hope your gut instinct is wrong this time.
Pat please no more piccies of swimming pools and sun loungers, weather here is as nice as it could be I suppose, but not a patch on yours.
Jenny, that is amazingly bad that you can't find anything anywhere that you like, but doesn't surprise me in the least, everything I see now is geared at how we all looked 40 years ago and nothing out there for the likes of us that still want to look tastefully done up, but not like mutton dressed as lambSuch a massive gap in the market but nobody filling it at all unless you are prepared to shell out a heck of a lot of money.
MoetsMum, congratulations on yet more wins for your babies, they are do fantastically well and it isn't a one off it is a steady progression of wins and high placings so stop knocking yourself
Nippy well done on your granddaughter getting her BA, is she going to have a gap year now before she hits the world of work or does she have a job on the horizon.
What is wrong with the dress shops/stores these days, nothing around for older people to wear and look smart in and feel comfortable.
Good luck with the dress hunting Bev, hope you succeed where others are failing miserably.
Linda I hope Carys feels better, maybe there's a bug going round because a couple of people have complained of not being well.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Ooh. What a lovely surprise TW. The people on here are great aren't they. Do we all get a choccie tonight? I got an early Birthday card from my eldest daughter today. As she's on the way down to Glastonbury now I suppose she posted it early. She's notorious for posting them late normally.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Ooh. What a lovely surprise TW. The people on here are great aren't they. Do we all get a choccie tonight? I got an early Birthday card from my eldest daughter today. As she's on the way down to Glastonbury now I suppose she posted it early. She's notorious for posting them late normally.
Are you kidding? I' d say the choccies are gone already
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Are you kidding? I' d say the choccies are gone already
worth a try.
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »