Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Well that doesn't answer the question of where the official announcement is but ...

Tramadol is now often prescribed as a much SAFER alternative to a lot of the former destructive and addictive drugs used to alleviate pain.

Addiction to prescribed pain meds is a real problem.
And even more of a problem is the often fatal gastro intestinal conditions brought on by the continual use of them.
So the alternative is to leave folk with unbearable pain for you
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
So the alternative is to leave folk with unbearable pain for you
No. I haven't said that anywhere. All I've said is that some meds have been discontinued for people because there are SAFER alternatives. And this seems more a case of the NHS discontinuing the prescribing of some drugs for safety reasons, not just to save money.

If you can find where I said what you are accusing me of saying. Please quote it. If not - please don't put words in my mouth.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:51 PM
For some the only way to control pain is the addictive and damaging meds.

and please don't insult me as you have dne in earlier mails!

OVER AND OUT!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Not really BUT patients have more power here than in the UK as there is no National Health Service and you can sack a dr without the consequences of doing that that there are in the Uk. kick one and they all limp

I was what they call a "peripatetic patient"when I lived in the Scottish islands. ie they have to take you on but after six weeks they can dump you and the health board has to reallocate you. By then I had succeeded in getting one dr to a tribunal, the first time in that region. also I had got myself off all meds including valium .. they were allocating me to islands with no connecting boat services eg one small plane a week; I was semi bedbound .

Utterly corrupt.

M.E is I think less stigmatised here and I use a dr only for what I need and I tell them what I need. They no longer control my income either! And I sort the M,E myself as they have not a clue and am very self sufficient. Three years ago I fell downstairs and as my foot was all colours and painful THEN I went to a and e and that was fine. But not for anything systemic; google has long been my friend and there are excellent support groups online also.

Don't give a damn what anyone thinks now. I KNOW they are wrong and just walk y and live my life
Respect to you,but although I have been a fighter all my life,now that my body is giving up the ghost,if I get wound up the fatigue just steps n and knocks me out,so the end result is that I may want to take the world on,but my body now has the last say,I remember the Dal Llama before he was taken away by the chinese,he got a message through via a radio ham,and he said the mind is stronger than the body,my body may become weak,but my mind will fulfil its promise.Gemini54
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Respect to you,but although I have been a fighter all my life,now that my body is giving up the ghost,if I get wound up the fatigue just steps n and knocks me out,so the end result is that I may want to take the world on,but my body now has the last say,I remember the Dal Llama before he was taken away by the chinese,he got a message through via a radio ham,and he said the mind is stronger than the body,my body may become weak,but my mind will fulfil its promise.Gemini54
Absolutely so.

Your body has simply sidestepped into a layby...

As has mine this week; managed through sheer will power to do the shopping and banking etc but have crashed, Feel like death to be honest but maybe tomorrow.. not sure if this is an infection or the M.E. Or both!

Prayed all the way home to make it then slept hours after taking painkillers.

Will power can control the body too but then you crash big time; mind needs the body to express itself also,

What gets me is when folk say admiringly how WELL I look when I am feeling crap..

In Orkney they have a very high incidence of MS because of inbreeding so they are good at dealing with it. The other consequence is multiple births!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi I am really sorry you are having a crap week,but sometimes you may get 1 week thats absolutely awful then its like you are compensated and get 2 weeks quite good,and when that happens We have one day to do something special and store up good memories when things are crap.When the pain comes I just want to go away on my own and nurse it,do not want to eat but do have plenty of fluid,nor do I want people to make a fuss,but somehow it works for me,I find being alone helps you to focus and get over the pain.So hopefully tomorrow will be a brand new day and you will feel better in yourself.Gemini54
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
We have a town near us that is happy, clappy and very "alternative" where all the Mums were refusing to get their children immunised.
The situation got very serious there this winter, there was so many cases of measles because the children were being left at risk.
If the means are there to prevent disease, in dogs or children then I avail myself of them.
Hi Nippy,Not sure what age you are,but I remember clearly in boarding school,if someone in our class got measels or chicken pox they would put the one sharing the desk in the sick bay,so that we would catch it,and I think that happened in families,but what happens if after all this,that some people may be right and kids get attention deficit,because at first they thought it was Autism, but there quite a few levels of Autism,maybe this attention deficit is a form of Autism,but I do not really know.It is a very desperate situation for mothers if you dont or you do you could end up with a very sick child Gemini54
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Hi Nippy,Not sure what age you are,but I remember clearly in boarding school,if someone in our class got measels or chicken pox they would put the one sharing the desk in the sick bay,so that we would catch it,and I think that happened in families,but what happens if after all this,that some people may be right and kids get attention deficit,because at first they thought it was Autism, but there quite a few levels of Autism,maybe this attention deficit is a form of Autism,but I do not really know.It is a very desperate situation for mothers if you dont or you do you could end up with a very sick child Gemini54
Absolutely; they used also to have "measles parties"! Many of these childhood diseases are relatively easy to get over in childhood especially with modern medicine and knowledge but can be devastating in even early adulthood as the present situation in Canada is proving.

They ask a great deal of an immature immune system with the MMR and yes there is a great deal of forms of autism . That damage is for life whereas eg measles is short lived
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Hi I am really sorry you are having a crap week,but sometimes you may get 1 week thats absolutely awful then its like you are compensated and get 2 weeks quite good,and when that happens We have one day to do something special and store up good memories when things are crap.When the pain comes I just want to go away on my own and nurse it,do not want to eat but do have plenty of fluid,nor do I want people to make a fuss,but somehow it works for me,I find being alone helps you to focus and get over the pain.So hopefully tomorrow will be a brand new day and you will feel better in yourself.Gemini54
Interesting; the pattern with ME is different. We get a 24 hour respite after over exertion before the reaction hits and the temptation is always to do more in that interval! The reaction can go on a while too.
With me, there is something new going on, possibly an infection as all this is beyond the normal life of the M.E.
Yes, solitude without stimuli is essential ...dark room, quiet etc.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3