View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Since they demolished all the fish tavernas on the old waterfront here to make way for their Dubai Style steel and glass 'playground' (which probly still won't be built in 10 yrs time) the absence of seagulls is noticeable.

Funny when I moved in above the harbour in Newlyn I found the noise deafening (especially as my then 8 yr old understudy spent half her time 'imitating' them!) then you get used to it. Then, if you move (as I did) you really miss it! I'd phone my pal and ask her to hang the phone out the window to get a 'fix'.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Good morning fellow members came down to find the foxes had got into my black bag before the bin man arrived and there was a nasty mess to clean up

Then had to pop to shops for a few things.
Next job is mow the lawn busy busy busy

Enjoy your day everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Afternoon all

Soooo late today, but that's because I was awake at 4 am when Dave got up, then 5 am when he went off, and then overslept till 7 by which time this wasn't up and I wanted to get off out with Zena.

She's now had 2 walks this morning, both long ones cos we're having and "us" week, I'm even going to get a long awaited haircut somewhen this week if he can fit me in. I went to Mr S for some shopping, and now getting lunch ready and by the time I read through 5 pages it'll be tea-time or nanny nap time, so I'll have to catch up on everyone later.

When I turned the puter on this morning I had 3 bookings coming through, so I dealt with those rather than get on here (priorities and all that lol!), so they're all booked and now I just have one week in one van free right up until October which I'm well chuffed with.

Dave went off to work a bit miserable, but instead of coming home and being miserable all week-end, it's all the other way around, he looks forward to coming home but gets depressed about going back to work, and that's a good thing.

Somehow he's got to get rid of it, but he says he's not going to give it away, after 24 years of hard graft and lots of expenditure on his garage why should he, he said he just can't do that to get out of it, so we need to find somebody with some money who wants to buy it now. The other chap doesn't want to borrow cos he said he'll be working for the bank, so he's out the window now. Poor Dave, he doesn't like his garage anymore at all I'm loving my little caravan business though lol!

Off for lunch now then, hope you're all well and enjoying the day, at least it's not raining or cold.

Apache, I was so chuffed to read that poor Duke has been found, and I know he must have been in a right state, at least he's alive and was found in time.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I used to feed seagulls in Newlyn - they'd tap on the metal frame of my loft bedroom dormer window! I only did it 'round the back' where the neighbours couldn't see - they think they should be shot, not fed!

Lots of greyhounds turned out then! Reading about your work schedule makes me feel tired.

I too find nothing blows away the cobwebs and mind fog like a good walk. I DEFINITELY don't feel like doing chores afterwards tho! More likely to feel like a nice walk AFTER doing horrid chores!

Ahh - I too was going to ask. Well at least you won't have to 'apply your mind' too much to doing that!

I got in a muddle with the 'quote' stuff. Add me to the aches and pains people today. I've overdone the pool exercise and have a very sore left shoulder now. Still being wary of taking NSAIDs, I've rubbed some Brufen Gel on it. Then, after eating just a bowl of cornflakes and branflakes with milk and sugar after our trip to the lake - I suddenly got an upset stomach? I had planned to go to the beach - but no way if I'm not sure it's going to be OK. Have postponed going down to the pool too - don't want to be dashing back up here and disturbing Bella - I will see how it goes before doing that. I guess a trip to a food shop wouldn't kill me (but will bore me!)

Still haven't put my pics from yesterday on here and took more today. We got to the lake early. I've taken pics of the info board explaining the ecology of the lake for you all! I'm boring like that!

Bella was on good form this morning. We headed west to have more shade from shrubbery. When we got back to the parking area and slope down to beach she decided to continue on Eastwards! As she was so sprightly and didn't run straight to the car I doubled back again on the top path to get to the notice board. The little menace then leaps off the wall back down onto the beach to 'do her own thing' lol! So, we got back to the car with her 'down below' and me 'up above' - she did glance round every now and then to make sure I was still with her!

Cool shower for her, frozen chicken wing and she has been so zonked out since that she didn't even emerge to KILL the watering can - she usually appears as soon as she hears me filling it. Shouldn't water in hot sun but no option today - caked hard and dry it is so hot and I forgot to do them late last night.
If they are in pots, best to stand them in water; I have an old baby bathe here.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 12:43 PM
JUNE.....I called at wilky's earlier and they are sold out too. The young man checked for a delivery date for me and said that "head office is out of stock too" which means they have no idea when the next lot will be in.
Well, I deffo want them now....they must be good if they're selling out all over!!!
You're right, lots of shops sell the JML stuff, but I can only remember asda & wilky's at the mo . I'll let you know if I find some.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Delivered my 12 yr daughter and her friend to the school bus at 5 am this morning. 3 day music and drama trip to London!!Lucky devil. Anyway now my house and garden are spotless, doubt there's a cobweb in sight Feel like i'm missing my right arm at the minute, tempted to text the poor child every 5 mins but I' m determined to ignore the mother hen instincts and give her a break......some me time now methinks!!!!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi all, just having a day of doing NOTHING after a long week working at Royal Ascot.

Will go for a run later though as not been for a week
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Just managed a quick catchup, be it backwards, but I managed it!

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNE, hope you've got your feet up, your jim jams on, and a big cake sat in front of you there??? No??? Awwww, never mind, I hope you got lots of cards and pressies, and maybe have a rummage around in the Asda casulaty and see if they've got any cake for later

Lynne, glad to hear the pain is more bearable today, must have been awful going right down your leg like that, I don't have that with mine.

Bev, well done on yesterday's grand total, hope you enjoyed the walk and don't feel too tired today.

Pat, sorry you've had to join the injuries ward with a bad shoulder, and now you're in the sick bay with a bad tummy too

Jenny Hope you have a good visit to your mum without any delays on that awful road.

Norma, don't forget your marigolds, poor you, all that washing up, sounds like you've been stitched up there, hope you get through it all.

Lost all track now, so apologies to everyone else, getting tired, off for some zzzzz'ds with Zena now......
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Delivered my 12 yr daughter and her friend to the school bus at 5 am this morning. 3 day music and drama trip to London!!Lucky devil. Anyway now my house and garden are spotless, doubt there's a cobweb in sight Feel like i'm missing my right arm at the minute, tempted to text the poor child every 5 mins but I' m determined to ignore the mother hen instincts and give her a break......some me time now methinks!!!!
Awww! Wish you lived near as MY house is a tip just now! And yes, metime is of priority this week.

If you let them go, they come back...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 01:12 PM
In shock here after looking at incontinence stuff online; would need a bank loan!!

Could probably get from dr BUT the public health nurse is married to my landlord so am keeping quiet. One firm offered free samples so that is on the way. They wanted my phone number of course but did not get it

Improvisation hovers

But how do folk manage at all, at all..
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »