Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Just announced to day

The Gov in the last quater(sp) borrowed 20 BILLION yes BILLION.
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
And it was ****ed up again by 1990 so and brought well and truely to its knees when the prat major took over, A man personally supported by thatcher, that alone shows an error of judgement.
what do you think were the main contributory factors of that recession?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
and whats the difference ? funding - because we dont fund the royal family right? - its the same drain on resources be it ceremonial or state with respects to security, disruptions etc etc - so a state funeral needs a motion passed by pariliament and the other one doesnt - but Di didnt need a royal ceremonial funeral - she was divorced out of it.

This government spends more money on State visits from undesirables like the chinese head of state than it would in sending off one of its most reveered leaders in history.
The people partly fund the royal family, not fully. She was divorced out of it but the majority of the country liked her(I didnt care either way)unlike thatcher.

The goverment do spend to much on state visits but thats an whole other argument.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i think we established there is a divide some love her some loathe her
Lise, this was the last post I saw in here, and it seemed like you had the final word and were wrapping it up,(hopefully perhaps!!) and that's what I meant when I posted up with my first sentence, even though I was going to answer Lorna's as I did.... oh never mind, you know what I'm like, but I think you get the message!!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:20 PM
do we get a day off work if there;s a state funeral ?
Not as far as I know, but as its been 40+ years since the last one so times change.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:21 PM
i tell you what is interesting 1,164 views on this thread and 180 replies most are mine ..storms and mostley the thread starter

interesting why people are not taking part in this discussion perhaps its because people really arent botherd either way ...
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:23 PM
please stop using that tone ..its a peacful debate

there is just no need for it

I find the term HUN offensive, but would never complain if it was used.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lise, this was the last post I saw in here, and it seemed like you had the final word and were wrapping it up,(hopefully perhaps!!) and that's what I meant when I posted up with my first sentence, even though I was going to answer Lorna's as I did.... oh never mind, you know what I'm like, but I think you get the message!!!
aww i see H ...you didn;t quote on that one so i wasn;t to know

no not at ll i just reckon its going round in circles a bit

why couldn;t you bare me having the last word LOL oh H we are too alike
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
... and just as you thought it was all over Lise!!! I'm back!!!

Oh I really like that statement Lorna! They are reknown for borrowing up to the hilt, getting the Country into such a monetory state that we end up owing more than we own, that's just typical of them, and the next Govt (usually the Conservatives) have to seem all bad for trying to build up the economy once more. They like it in the bank like I do, not spend, spend, spend (well, unless it's shoes of course!).

On the 10 o'clock news last night, I couldn't believe my ears, when the political editor was at Downing street after a big meeting that had been going on between the Treasury and Brown, and apparently they needed more money, and they can't put anything else up because there are bi-elections coming up, and they don't want to look any dumber than they already do so, what do they do in their infinite wisdom???? They decide to "re-write" the rules on our borrowing (because we have actually borrowed more than we are allowed!!!), SO, the answer is, you just re-write the rules about how much you can borrow and Bob's your Uncle, you can borrow more! If it wasn't so worrying it would be quite laughable wouldn't it!!! How come we can't do that at OUR banks then!!!! I was speechless - for once!
Can I just clarify this.

Brown and Darling are re-writing the rules about how much they can borrow.

Right that's it I'm just going to re-write the rules about how much my bank charges my business account and then to get them to remove the four day clearance rule for electronic payments.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
I find the term HUN offensive, but would never complain if it was used.
thats your choice .....................report it if you wish
Page 19 of 33 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »