Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
So its you who's been judging on the Voice then
Weird - she has the same skull shape as mine and although being so much younger she does not have old woman's sunken in cheeks [no, not 'cos I have taken my teef out 'cos mine are all my own - or crowns ] but that could easily have been me were I decades younger. Well it could have been had I her lovely cheekbones.

Oh and my nose is a bit shorter and slightly more tilted due to having mumbled something to the ENT consultant when he popped his head round the curtains after I had had a pre-med before having a deviated septum straightened [got thumped by a mad female neighbour who smashed my nose etc etc etc] and said something about how about giving me a new nose while you are at it. Yeah, well, I was "drunk" on the pre-med!

Consultant said he did not do little things like deviated septums but yes, could do with a bit of that bump removed, and yes, could do with shortening your nose a bit, and yes, could do with lifting and tilting it a bit...

...but sorry, you are only booked in for a short procedure and in any case that will be cosmetic, blah blah blah and we do not do that cosmetic rhinoplasty here or on the NHS.

A few months later his secretary telephoned me and asked if I was prepared to be a "demonstration model" as he would be doing a three day course showing how to match a nose to the face/skull and not "oh I want so and so's nose" and would I agree to be one of the three he would use. But it would be at very short notice, ie they would telephone the day before - and I was thinking but what about the children - no problem, Mother would have them as I would only be in overnight...

...and forgot all about it until I got another telephone call from the secretary on a Thursday the following February asking if I was still prepared to be a demonstration model and if so would I please be at the Royal Nose Throat and Ear Hospital in [cannot remember where] London by 9am the following morning for photographs and Xrays, and sign an agreement that the consultant would "build" a nose to match the shape of my face and my skull and that it would be his choice, not mine, as he was demonstrating the correct way to do rhinoplasty. Oh, and I must not tell anyone that it would be free as the other two patients he was using as models were private paying ones.

Umm, err, well yes, I would rather like to get rid of the bump and yes, my nose was a bit long and made me look as if I had a very short upper lip.

So I ended up with a nose that did not look surgical but which really did suit the shape of my face. The only problem was that losing the bump meant that there was nothing for my specs to rest on, hence not being able to wear plastic frames any more but only ones with nose pads.

Made such a change to my breathing though - I had never realised how easy normal nose breathing was before, even after I had had the deviated septum straightened.

So that is why my nose is a different shape to Jessie J's.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Night all signing off now see you tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2013, 08:59 PM
You did really well there Malka, wonder if there is anyone about who could give me the body I used to have as a 20 year old
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 09:07 PM
I'd switched things off and got stuff ready in the bedroom an hour ago. Then heard the Skype ring on my phone. Eldest son - DYING to tell me all about how his presentation went. And how he is taking his little sis to the opera on Sunday. And I've just said goodbye to him - so much for the early night!

So it's goodnight from me and goodnight from Bella!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Feeling a bit better, I have taken some painkillers, got coffee in hand, and about to hit the books for a while. First time I've actually felt like studying in ages.

Tomorrow, we will be heading to Inverness to go to the Armed Forces Day. Looking forward to going and watching the section attack...maybe I will get how it happens for real and be able to teach it
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Lore. Have a BLAST tomorrow. Goodnight.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 09:16 PM
OH is on parade tomorrow for Armed Forces day.
Glad you're feeling a bit better. Did Brian turn up again or have I missed that bit
Well done Malka on getting a free nose job I could do with a free body lift
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
OH is on parade tomorrow for Armed Forces day.
Glad you're feeling a bit better. Did Brian turn up again or have I missed that bit
Well done Malka on getting a free nose job I could do with a free body lift
He appeared about 11am. He had fallen asleep at his mates. Was raging.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2013, 09:32 PM
I could do with a face-lift, a boob reduction, and a really good [and extensive]
tummy tuck. Funny thing is that I was never bothered about my nose and I blame it all on the drunken sayings from the pre-med.

My GP, when she saw my new nose was extremely impressed.

My dentist, however, said that it was a pity they did not chop a bit off my chin while they were at it. However, as I had known him when he was a horrid little boy sitting behind me and dipping my pigtails into his inkwell at primary school, and he married someone who was in the same class as my twin and I at Grammar School, I was well used to him!

Can anyone tell me why I am still up at gone 12.30am when I really intended on having an early night, and I can guarantee that Da Booga will be wanting out for a pee an hour or so after we go to bed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Got my second wind listening to the BBC disco night. I am a 70's wild child.

Glad you are feeling better Lorraine
Night Pat.
I hope OH has a good day tomorrow Lynne.

Could I have an everything lift please.
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >