Worldwide
Totals 4,727,829 720,168
March 2011

May I ask were you got that from?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 08:44 PM
And there are two sets of numbers next to each country, what do these stand for?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:08 PM
The only thing that managed to finally turn me vegetarian - watching a Halal slaughter video on YouTube

I'm an interpreter for Deaf people, I once did a council meeting job for a Deaf man who had a small whippet like hearing dog for the Deaf, there was a muslim lady in the meeting, quite high up in the council might I add, and she kicked the dog 3 feet accross the room when it got too close to her, I complained to the right people, nothing was done. I hate animal cruelty of any sort, but it seems some parts of the world seem to not care so much.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
The only thing that managed to finally turn me vegetarian - watching a Halal slaughter video on YouTube

I'm an interpreter for Deaf people, I once did a council meeting job for a Deaf man who had a small whippet like hearing dog for the Deaf, there was a muslim lady in the meeting, quite high up in the council might I add, and she kicked the dog 3 feet accross the room when it got too close to her, I complained to the right people, nothing was done, I suspect they feared being called racist.
I would like to point out that this example does not prove the rule nor does it reflect the entire muslim community; any more than putting a cat in wheelie bin reflect the entire christian community!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Edited - this is the video of the Halal slaughter, it is discusting, it will upset you. I don't usually watch such things but recently have taken to forcing myself to do so.

http://www.[System edit: Contains pe...39096&comments

I'm an interpreter for Deaf people, I once did a council meeting job for a Deaf man who had a small whippet like hearing dog for the Deaf, there was a muslim lady in the meeting, quite high up in the council might I add, and she kicked the dog 3 feet accross the room when it got too close to her, I complained to the right people, nothing was done. I hate animal cruelty of any sort, but it seems some parts of the world seem to not care so much.

I am sure we can all post horrendous pictures of what goes on in abbattoirs as well if we wanted to!

The same as we could on all sorts of things..............

Yes, in some parts of the world such as the UK, badger baiting goes on, dog fighting goes on, horses are left to starve and stand amongst the bodies of others; people hang dogs, set them on fire and throw them off balconies!

Terrible isn't it!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I would like to point out that this example does not prove the rule nor does it reflect the entire muslim community; any more than putting a cat in wheelie bin reflect the entire christian community!
Oh i know, definately true what you say! and it doesn't make them bad people because of intrinsic beliefs. But it does stick in my mind and as earlier said, the particular religion/culture consider dogs dirty...which unfortunately obviously leads to animal cruelty in some cases.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh i know, definately true what you say! and it doesn't make them bad people because of intrinsic beliefs. But it does stick in my mind and as earlier said, the particular religion/culture consider dogs dirty...which unfortunately obviously leads to animal cruelty in some cases.
Yes for example In the UK we consider rats dirty which unfortunately obviously leads to animal cruelty in some cases.........
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I am sure we can all post horrendous pictures of what goes on in abbattoirs as well if we wanted to!

The same as we could on all sorts of things..............

Yes, in some parts of the world such as the UK, badger baiting goes on, dog fighting goes on, horses are left to starve and stand amongst the bodies of others; people hang dogs, set them on fire and throw them off balconies!

Terrible isn't it!
People choose to take part in such sick sports. People don't choose to eat animals killed the 'Halal' way when they buy a kfc or some meat from the supermarket, discusting that it can happen and we are not always informed of it.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes for example In the UK we consider rats dirty which unfortunately obviously leads to animal cruelty in some cases.........
Not always, we had a rat in the back garden just a few weeks ago, my fella released it in a field on his way to work
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 09:21 PM
It was wrong to kick the dog, it was also wrong to allow the dog to get that close to her, it's about mutual respect.
Page 9 of 41 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »