Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Vet beds

Just a question please. Georgie's had his vet bed which I put on top of his thick soft bed, for about a year now. I've washed it over and over again, steamed it sometimes with the steam cleaner, or maybe just hoovered it, but it's looking a bit naff, and I just wondered how long these things actually last? Is it past it's sell by date do you think with a big heavy dog lying on it every night? How long do you keep yours before you bin it??? Thanks!
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
yeh i would like to know this to so chop chop with the answers lol lol
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Most of the ones that we have at the clinic have been there since I started which was about a year and a half ago, and I'm sure they were there for a while before then too. Although they don't look as great as they did (the pile has clumped together in places) they still do as good as job now as they did then obviously ours get washed almost on a daily basis (we have the odd day where we don't need to use them) a couple of them got a little thin after a while so they got thrown but most of them are still going
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
A breeder told me to put it in a pillow case when you wash it.and my smiles are not working.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I start with new vet bed for each litter and it sort of grows up with them. Too be honest i have that much of the stuff that it lasts me for ages.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
can you get non slip vet bed form anywhere? i want some for on the laminate floor and the one i have just slides everywhere
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys, it would seem he'll have to put up with it a while longer then! I might give it another wash if you say you wash them at the surgery every day, it sounds like it can take a wash at least once a week then, so I'll do that now - thanks for that

Hi KIrsty, you can get a big roll of black or white rubbery stuff with squares in it to stop it slipping on your floor, although I put mine on top of his normal bed. Take a look on maybe Wilko's website. It comes in a roll and you can use it for all kinds of things to stop them shifting on shiny surfaces, it's brilliant stuff, but I don't know what it's called. I cut mine up and put it underneath our dinner plates on our trays to stop them sliding around! You can put it under rugs and they won't slip, I can't praise the stuff enough!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I have had some of mine for five years, I give vet bed to all my new puppy owners and nero and boobah still have there bits three and half years down the line, ~{kizzy and caesar still use there bits all the time, not sure about smeags and nero though,,,
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:29 PM
hiya, thanks for that. so do you mean i buy the normal vet bed and then put this stuff underneath it?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Is you vet bed white Helena? if so stick it in a 90 wash with a bag of that whitening stuff, then tumble dry it, that often helps give it a new lease of life,,, will have to try the pillow slip thing with my newer bits, see if it prolongs the life,,,lol who am I kidding I buy it by the roll and the bits I cut off for the dogs are about 1.5 metres not getting that in a pillow case,,, mabey a quilt cover though lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >