Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Autumnal walk with Zena (gsd)

I didn't go into the prettier bits lunchtime when I took these, but I will do some more in the morning, because it's quite stunning now in my woodland over the road which is my daily walk.

Here's a few pics I took of some of the fields with the big, oak trees in which I adore
Sitting pretty

She's now tired coz she's done her 2nd walk

and we had a heron on the duckpond today! It was hiding at the back and I couldn't stand and wait any longer for it to come closer!

Homeward bound now

Thanks for looking, tomorrow's will be even better coz I'll be down in the real woodland
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Lovely pictures looks a beautiful place to walk.

I saw a heron the other day when walking Dillon it flew onto a field we were walking round the edge of. We were on the other side of the hedge and I was able to watch it as we walked round towards home. I think they are magnificent birds.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks Lynn, I can't believe just how lucky I am to have all of this just across the road from me, and being able to watch the beauty of it all as it changes through the seasons. I haven't seen winter yet of course, but when it snows, well!! The best part being we hardly see ANYone in there apart from the ones I want to see, i.e. Zena's shepherd gang.

Can't say I've ever seen a heron before, I wish it had come a bit closer for me!

There are some very tranquil meadows, down by the stream, and in one of them, they have planted every single tree from all over the World, it's quite spectacular, so I must get some pics of that tomorrow for you all.
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Looks a lovely walk. Zena is stunning too.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Zena looks like an advertisement for the woods, she is colour coordinated with the trees

Lovely pictures Helena , they would look nice in the calender
Annestaff
Supervisor

11-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Lovely pictures Helena
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-11-2012, 07:35 PM
What a beautiful walk Helena! And Zena is looking stunning too

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The best part being we hardly see ANYone in there apart from the ones I want to see, i.e. Zena's shepherd gang.
I was going to ask if you see anyone else - good to hear you don't, I love having the countryside to ourselves when out walking

When we had the disused railway track behind our house, in the summer we used to go for a walk about 4 times a day - it was just heaven. I bet you will be doing the same next summer
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
How lovely - perfect for a dog.

We get herons over the fields - they take off very slowly.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Great pics H, looks a lovely walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2012, 07:45 PM
That looks quite spectacular. Got a heron on the river where the waterfall is, and another on the canal.Not been on the river for ages as it has just been so wet and the river is too high for me to get to the waterfall, but at the moment seeing the heron on the canal every day as that is the walk I am doing.
Can't wait to see the trees from all over the world, what a beautiful place to be
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >