Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 09:18 AM

The wildlife is out to get me!!

I am still struggling to understand why todays culprits were where they were, no-one I know has ever seen them there!!

So I wrote about Diesel chasing the squrriels after the lead went wrong and nearly ending up on the road, that started it! Yesterday I was walking back from the vets, it was between 11 and 12, and I was walking through a field, when someone was coming the other way with what looked like a dog running about twenty foot in front of them towards the field, so I thought great, at that point Diesel didn't have his muzzle on as we had just come out of the vets and hadn't seen any dogs, and he had done a poop, so I thought that I would have enough time to clean that up so no-one stands on it if things get a bit hyper, mad or bad, and then I could get the muzzle on, then as I was cleaning it up Diesel started going beserk, he's only ever gone that bad when he's seen a, so I looked up, and sure it was a Fox running at us, turning away at a certain point in the field, but close enough to wind Diesel up to pieces, so I then got on with the walk with my bag of poop, being thankful that Diesel was on a lead. Well this morning tops both of them!!

I went out around quarter past six this morning, and it was all good, there was more dogs out there though at that time then I had even seen in the fields I'm assuming its all people walking the dogs before work but there was no problems there, I then carried on and went into one of the fields, again there was no problem, the dogs were running around, enjoying themselves and having a great time, and then we got to where the farmer has recently put up a iron gate, so I opened that, no at this gate there is a footpath that goes through another field or you can carry on to get going back home, I've never gone into the other field myself, but the dogs have gone in there a few times to have a sniff about, but there is a hedge so you can't really see whats there, but generally you can hear it, as the paths are very close to each other, but when Diesel went in there today I suddeny saw two roe deers jump up, they must of been laying less then 10 foot to where I was standing now I know that there might be some people complaining at this point, but both my dogs shot off like rockets into the other field right behind them, leaving me gobsmacked about the whole thing, but making noise (at seven am, I bet the people sleeping in their boats by the river where happy if my voice was carrying) whislting, clapping and shouting their names, as the field had a hill in it, and long grass so I couldn't see the dogs, and I didn't want them to get lost on the way back, but after two minutes they came back soaking from all the moisture, and pleased with themselves, even after I put them back on the leads.

Now I use to be more careful about Deers where I use to walk as I was expecting them to be around, and walking in other areas round here I expect them to be around, but I didn't expect them today to be laying on a footpath while there was dogs and walkers around must say though, now the dogs are gonna be on leads around that area! I'm just hoping that no other type of wildlife decides to join in the action!
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a very eventful morning! You must have felt like you had done a days work and it wasn't even 7am!

The park where I walk my boys has been busier this week too - 6am and it is like it could be the middle of the afternoon!

Saw your letter in Dogs Today this month by the way
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
It was eventful lol, I'm just hoping that the rest of the day isn't as bad!!

And lol thanks, they didn't tell me that they were actually gonna print it, but I was in contact with them for a while after sending it, and should be again next year but to see Honey's face looking at me when I was reading the letters was a bit of a shock lol.
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I can imagine it was a surprise to see it there then! Almost surreal - like uh that is my dog! Fab!

Hope the rest of you day is going a lot calmer by the way!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 09:02 AM
It was lol, and the rest of the day was thank God!