View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Can only echo what everyone else has said-cant begin to think how you must be feeling-you must be so shaken up .

Why do idiots not have their dogs on a lead?
Sending you and Muppet BIG HUGS
Maureen
Please let us all know how he gets on in the next few days
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh god, you poor thing witnessing that and poor Muppet for having to through it.

Pleased he came through it and hope he doesn't suffer any side effects from the attack.

Hope the Police take it seriously and get something done about it. Probably a numpty owner.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
What a horrible thing to happen. Best wishes to you and Muppet.x
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Thank-you.
A good neigbore introduced his English bull terrier to Muppet to see what muppet would do, & muppet just wanted to play so we let them play for a short while

I however was terrified!
So I think it's me that needs therapy.

The cops can't come untill tomorrow at the earliest.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm so sorry that must have been horrible and I bet you feel terrible too

I really hope you get your money back from them and that this is taken seriously by the police. I really hope he heals well and I'm glad he is playful.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Thank-you.
A good neigbore introduced his English bull terrier to Muppet to see what muppet would do, & muppet just wanted to play so we let them play for a short while
Thats very good news, at least

I expect you will need to work a bit on your own fear, be nice to yourself and give it time.

Wys
x
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Muppet had his first check-up this morning & the wound is looking nice (according to the vet. to me it looks bad!)
She gave me a syringe & some hibiscrub & told me how to clean his wounds (It works like 'wash & go'. you wash he goes. lol) The cops haven't been yet (aint that a supprise!) The other dogs owner popped round with some pictures of her dogs eye & a vet report. apparantly their dog has bite wounds on it's face. and a bad eye (a neighbore sprayed air freshner in its face in an attempt to make it let go.) she wants photos of my dog's injuries to send to her insurers. I hope she isn't after me paying her vet bill for defending my dog. don't know what my rights are regarding my dog being attacked & hers getting a few scatches & a sore eye. If it's anything like the human legal system I'm screwd. Mine was on lead in my garden, hers wasn't. Muppets the victim but thet counts for nothing in the british lagal system. (even though he is a P.A.T. dog)
I'm just worried about things going even more pear shaped than they already are. On the vet form it says what the dog breed is: it's an American bull dog cross.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Muppet had his first check-up this morning & the wound is looking nice (according to the vet. to me it looks bad!)
She gave me a syringe & some hibiscrub & told me how to clean his wounds (It works like 'wash & go'. you wash he goes. lol) The cops haven't been yet (aint that a supprise!) The other dogs owner popped round with some pictures of her dogs eye & a vet report. apparantly their dog has bite wounds on it's face. and a bad eye (a neighbore sprayed air freshner in its face in an attempt to make it let go.) she wants photos of my dog's injuries to send to her insurers. I hope she isn't after me paying her vet bill for defending my dog. don't know what my rights are regarding my dog being attacked & hers getting a few scatches & a sore eye. If it's anything like the human legal system I'm screwd. Mine was on lead in my garden, hers wasn't. Muppets the victim but thet counts for nothing in the british lagal system. (even though he is a P.A.T. dog)
I'm just worried about things going even more pear shaped than they already are. On the vet form it says what the dog breed is: it's an American bull dog cross.
If it were me I would be getting on the phone to the police and telling them you need to see them ASAP as you reported this on XX/XX/11 and you still have not seen them and now this other person is coming onto your property etc after their dog has attacked yours.

I would phone the vet and let them know they may need to start writing a report and get in touch with your neighbours to make sure they are happy to speak to the police and give their witness account.

If Muppet is insured get in touch and just update them.

You have plenty witnesses so I wouldnt be too worried but no harm in keeping yourself right. I hope the other person has left their own (correct) contact details?

It may be that they need all the details for the insurance company to pay you and cover their own pets injuries and thats all but its worth staying a step ahead if you can. I know you shouldnt have any this hassle but the sooner you can get the police and your witnesses together the better! You dont want this dragging out...
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 02:59 PM

This is Muppets wound yesterday. You can see it's starting to heal, the swelling has gone down alot from saturday.
I am starting to relax a little knowing he's on the mend.

I wish I'd have had the brain function to take photos on saturday when it happend, but I was a wreck, didn't occur to me at the time. It's took a few days for my brain to work again.

Will take a copy of it down to the 'other owners'. I half hope they refuse to pay-up, so I can take things further & chase the police side of things. My neighbors who have dogs are worrid about theirs if the other dog shows up. Muppet is a medium size dog weighing just under 20kg, If the 'other' dog got hold of my neighbors yorkshire terrier it wouldnt stand a chance!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh that is absolutely horrid. Poor Muppet and poor you. It is so terribly familiar as on 17 March a dog came into my front yard while Pereg was outside, clipped onto 12m of rope, and attacked her. She had seen it off by the time I managed to grab my crutches and get outside, but when she came in I saw her back was bleeding and when I checked she had a 2cm diameter puncture wound right through her skin down to the muscle - which luckily was not punctured.

Panic telephone call to the Vet who came out within 15 minutes, clipped round the wound, washed it out with hydrogen peroxide and then poviodine, two injections, three staples [which I removed 10 days later] antibiotics for a week, and a bill for £60.

I actually know who the owner is but dare not confront her, and have no proof in any case.

It happened, Pereg's wound healed very well and her coat has mostly grown back. But on 1 April she had her first Grand Mal epileptic seizure and it is thought that the fight and wound was the trigger. She must have had the gene in her from somewhere in her [very] mixed breed background and the attack triggered it off. As she was a rescue puppy it is impossible to know.

Pereg weighs 17kg so I can easily see the size of poor Muppet's nasty wound.

Please give him a cuddle from me.

Malka & Pereg
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >