Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:30 PM

Dog beds

Benjie over the years has had a number of different beds of which he didn't use or anything. I have two gaps either side of our fireplace in our new house of which I cut the paper too short and so needed a dog bed to cover the gap or at least hide some of it.

Today, I found a bed to do that job and what makes it even more worth it - Benjie loves it! And when we have company they will be able to go to their beds and relax and then have the sofa's afterwards - when they're warm

They're Gor Pets Torino bed Quartz
http://www.partnerspets.com/store/pr...Torino-Quartz/

We got two and they were £22 each (Money saved for the house)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Mine all have plastic oval beds. I have to admit that Flynn's seems slightly small for his long legs so he always lies scrunched up. I decided to buy a waterproof bed and remove one of the plastic beds to see how this went down with the dogs. During the day it was fine but come night time when they wanted to settle down fully it just didnt cut the mustard and I had to bring back the plastic bed!

Because the kitchen is the only place the dogs are allowed, they spend alot of time in their beds, especially at this time of year when the back door is closed so it's hard to find a decent bed that will repel the muck and water and keep from going flat. Beds are so expensive and when you have to triple the price, mine get what I can afford!

I dont bother to buy nice looking, fancy beds as they get covered in hairs, muck and grime within a day.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:12 PM
wondering why you dont just add some more wall paper and pop a pot plant in front?
as far as beds go, Del has a plastic bed with a memory foam mattress inside it covered in a lovely fleecy blanket and she loves it
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I bought one of those memory foam mattresses from PAH and it was rubbish! The foam is divided into quarters by stitching and then folded in half to fit inside the cover so it's all lumpy and bumpy! They had one on display, exactly the same size and it wasnt like that. I was duped!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 06:37 PM
The dogs were going to be in them corners anyway as I'm not one for much furniture around and plants - even them ones that don't die - they'd get eaten, Louie ahs tried to eat 3 Christmas trees this week . PAH always make their beds look nice - then you can't get them right LOL.

Leanne - Benjie moults constantly - I would rather it be on his bed and not everywhere else And they aren't going to be allowed in the living room covered in muck - the power of Babygates, I'm planning on a nice cream carpet (Yet the place where I live as I'm sure you know has lots of muddy walks)

The clicker training "Bed" is working wonderfully - Sadie already knows bed but I can't not treat her when she does as she's told (despite being told to Stay) And Louie - bed
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Mine have memory foam matresses with a cosy blanket on top which are excellent , their beds are on the landing upstairs which is a kinda galleried affair so lots of room , when they are downstairs in the day and the evening I put a cuddly blanket each for them on the wooden floor and they tend to snooze there , they like to get on the sofa but are only allowed when the blanket is on to save hairs everywhere altho being shorthaired hounds thats not so bad, I buy blankets for them in the sale (well i am scottish and like a bargain !) so there is always some in the wash and some in use TK Max is great for real good quality cuddly blankets at a good price !
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 06:49 PM
My soon to be M-in-law bought me a lovely faux fur microfibre throw for our settees (until we get new ones) for my birthday (I did ask for stuff for the house not just myself) and the dogs have rather took to it more than they should - not happy about it