Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Hamstaff
Well said Ripsnorter, many people have no inkling of what that generation went through. The sacrifices made, both physical and material to ensure the future of all of our families.
Exactly rite Sian. I know i'm young but i know exactly wot they did for us. Like Sian said some people don't have an inkling of wot the people in WW2 did for us. Some people aren't thankful enuff thats wot i think and i say csome people.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 03:52 PM
My wee Granny Doc, she was a humble wee lady but with so much integrity. If I live my life half as well I will be happy.

Also, Steve Biko for his courage and strength of character - "how can man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods".
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Apart from all the great heroes like Martin Luther King and those people everywhere who fought for justice and freedom , on a more personal level I would say like so many on here my Father, one in a million who struggled to bring up his 4 small children alone for 8 years after his wife died. He worked, kept the house and children immaculate and never once raise a hand or his voice...a Gentleman in every sense of the word.
Also my Uncle from whom I inherited my love of the countryside and a respect for all living things.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
on a more personal level I would say like so many on here my Father, one in a million who struggled to bring up his 4 small children alone for 8 years after his wife died. He worked, kept the house and children immaculate and never once raise a hand or his voice...a Gentleman in every sense of the word.
He sounds a remarkable man, Mini - and his virtues and principles seem to have rubbed off on his daughter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3